33. Sleep delirium

"Hey, Yukio?"

Someone stirred him awake from the sleep. Did he fall asleep in that short amount of time?

"Mhm," he slowly opened his eyes to find Natsuki standing beside his bed.

"You can sleep after eating, you have to take medicines too." she helped him sit up.

"Medicines?"

"Yes, mom made some porridge for you and also gave me some medicines. Earlier, it seemed you have a fever." she made herself comfortable on the chair that she put there beforehand.

"Fever?" he kept asking questions as his head felt heavy and he reached out his hand to feel the temperature on his forehead.

"See? Is it still warm? Let me check," she also reached her hand out to check his fever.

"Hmm," she hummed, putting the other hand on her own forehead, "it's still warm. The medicines are necessary."

"If you say so," he looked up at her, obediently nodding his head.

"Why still cute?" she muttered secretly under her breath and turned around to prepare the bowl of porridge for him to eat.

"Can you eat it yourself?" she asked gently, as if asking a little kid.

"Yes," he replied shortly again, eyes still full of sleep.

"Ow, man! You really are sick," she clicked her tongue and handed him the bowl, carefully placing it in his hands.

"Do you have something for me to do in the house? You must be in your room all this time, did your mom tell you to do some work, run some errands? I can do it," she stood up, her face screaming, 'I'm reliable!'

"No, Suki you don't have to-"

"Just eat, I'll walk around the house a bit, okay?" she gave him a smile and patted his shoulder before leaving the room.

Taehyung was again speechless and did as he was told before going back to sleep.

The night rolled around just like that. The streets were calmer than ever, only insects could be heard through the closed window. Taehyung could even feel the serenity of the moon in the night sky while sitting on his bed, yawning as he ran a hand through his hair.

"I wonder if she went home," he muttered, getting up to go and find Natsuki.

"Oh," he stopped on his tracks as soon as he saw her napping soundly on the living room couch.

"Should I wake her up?" he glanced at the clock hanging on the wall, "it's pretty late."

Why was he mumbling about to himself? He didn't know if his fever had gone down or not!

"Suki?" he gently tapped her shoulder to wake her up but little did he know that she was fast asleep?

"Suki-chan?" he crouched down on the floor, taking a better look at her face.

"How calm! If she were awake, she'd be talking non-stop." he wasn't complaining though! It was obvious by the way his lips curved up in a sweet smile.

"Aren't you heading home?" he asked in a small voice, almost inaudible to his own ears.

She wiggled in her sleep, mumbling something incoherent.

"Hm?" he subconsciously asked in return, still looking at her face.

"Don't wanna go," he could finally make out the words.

He sighed, standing up, "what should we do about you, hm?" and spoke while still looking down at her.