2 - 29th

- Chan, why you look so serious today? What's wrong?

- I guess that's just my face now.

- Is something going on in your personal life?

- No, and we don't talk about my personal live. We work together, we only talk business.

- Not always...

- Let's just focus on work. Or, do you want to move to some other department?

- There's no need for that kind of talk. I'll leave you alone now. Forget I asked anything, Mr Bang.

- Sorry... that was out of line. I just have to rely on you being my professional support, at all times. I don't have a personal life.

- Understood.

- Thank you, Jiwoo.

While closing the door behind her, Jiwoo remembers once more how much she hates and loves this job at the same time.

After seven years, she can't imagine being anywhere else but here. This floor, her kingdom, the best city view, and Chan - her boss. He's always going to keep her at a distance, she knows that. She knew that before they slept together the first time, he told her so.

But she slept with him anyway, thinking that makes her in control. He was married at the time, so it wasn't her problem if they had sex from time to time. It was his problem, he was the married one.

Well, that marriage fell apart, and he remained unavailable. She still didn't leave. She was just sinking deeper in her addiction. Probably all addicts start like that, thinking they're in control.

But Chan was fair, he was honest and never lied to her. She knew he would never take her on a date, or show interest in anything more than occasional sex. She also knew he would never expect her to entertain his family or give him children. And that's the part that gave her an illusion of being in control.

Because she doesn't want to get married or have children, ever. She refuses to be another boring wife with no free time, old stretchy clothes, a bag full of dirty children stuff, and the ultimate goal of making a perfect meal for her man.

Additional benefit is the fact that this drives her parents crazy, as they expect her to be and look exactly like her overworked, tired sisters. No, thank you. She's quite satisfied with her fancy job as Mr Bangs' executive assistant. With little perks on a side.

Plus, she looks awesome in her expensive wardrobe and high heels. Chan knows she makes impression when people come to his office. It's like a statement showing everyone they're about to meet a man who likes the most luxurious things.

So she turns off her computer, takes her ridiculously expensive bag that Chan got for her, and walks away swaying her hips, showing once more that she is the most luxurious thing he owns.

Chan closes a drawer at his desk. Another good deal was signed today. It's a risky deal, and there are a few details he skipped to mention to key stakeholders, but he has a good hunch about it. And that never fails.

His father would be proud to see how the company continues growing with him in charge. They're now in top ten companies in the industry.
Maybe Jiwoo was right. Is this the time to relax a little? Maybe he should have a personal life?

Nah, who are we kidding, he doesn't know life outside work.

As he enters the elevator, his mind is focused on a merger with another company, and tomorrow's strategy for negotiations.

*****