3 - Suits

When Hyunjin entered an elevator at 7:35, he quickly realized that a casual Friday is not a thing in this company. He got surrounded with people in identical-looking suits with identical, neat haircuts. It looked like a nightmare.

His hair is a bit longer, and he wears jeans and a sporty jacket; he definitely stands out. Maybe he can defend himself with a fact that he spent years studying in US...
In attempt to look a bit more like corporate men in Seoul, he ties some of his hair up and removes the earring. Maybe he just hides under his desk for the day?

By the time the elevator reaches his floor, all other men already left to their floors and he is all alone. Door opens up and an elegant company logo greets him. A very pretty lady walks over, smiles to him and says:

- Good morning. You must be Hwang, the new guy.

She quickly checks him out head to toe.

- Yes - he answers somewhat distracted by her beauty.

- Follow me, I'll show you the way. I'm Ms Kim, Jiwoo.

- Nice to meet you. I'm Hyunjin Hwang.

- Here is your office and a workstation. Someone from IT will come over and set up everything for you. I sit over there, in front of Mr Bang's office. Kitchen, printer, and bathrooms are on the other side.

- Thank you.

As he sits down, he looks around. It is not yet 8 am but everyone is already working, or it looks like they're working. And it's very quiet.
The view from this floor is amazing. Even from his office he can see how city looks up in the sky.

At 8:00, elevator opens up, and a dark figure comes out. That must be Mr Bang, cause he looks expensive af.
Sun glasses are a bit too much though. It's not like he's going to get blinded by his staff's colorful outfits.

He walks like a boss, doesn't greet anyone. He goes straight to his office with a frozen expression on his face.
He's probably focused on something important, Hyunjin thinks, and slides down in his chair to make himself less visible.

One thing that surprised Hyunjin is that Bang looked quite young and...
oh wow... very, very fit.
Broad shoulders, athletic figure. Hyunjin makes a mental note to renew his gym membership.

IT guy comes as announced and, luckily, he doesn't wear a suit. But IT guys never do.

- Hi there, I'm Seungmin.

- Hi, I'm Hyunjin, Nice to meet you.

- Ok this is your email and a temporary password. If you need any equipment to work from home, let me know.

- Thank you. I'll probably need your help.

- And if you want to cry on your first day, you can come to IT corner on the 10th floor where executives never come visit.

- Huh, thanks for that. I'll definitely stop by.

- I have to say... I've never seen someone like you on this floor. You look like you came out of an art school.

- I...

- It's cool, I don't care. You're hired to do work anyway, not to be a suit hanger.

- Yeah, I guess.

- You're all set up now.

- Thanks. See you around.

"Ok... so this is it... I'm officially one of corporate guys now. No more late night gaming, or partying... just work."

*****