Tess Rowan

Name: Tess Rowan

Date of birth: 80 BBY

Age:

- Prequels: 48-58

- Clone Wars: 58-61

Gender: female

Species: Human

Home planet: Chandrila

Sexuality: straight

Appearance:

Faceclaim: Romola Garai

Voiceclaim: Romola Garai

Occupation: Jedi Master

Weapon: Blue lightsaber

Jedi Master: Sifo Dyas

Padawan(s):

- Lysia Sentha (47 BBY-38 BBY)

- Ferren Barr (26 BBY- until further notice)

Lightsaber form(s):

- Form 5 (preferred)

- Form 3

Backstory: Hailing from Chandrila, Tess Rowan was a nerdy, bookish Jedi known for her love for stories and lore. As such, she spent much of her days in the Archive, writing novels for her colleagues to enjoy. In addition, she was also an avid historian and skillful researcher.

Initially after being knighted, Tess abstained from choosing a padawan, instead preferring to study in the Archive with her friends Qui Gon Jinn and Eno Cordova. Of course, she did go on research missions whenever the Council sent her on one, and usually she went alone. During these missions, and anywhere really- Tess would keep a journal to record everything from research data, personal thoughts and inspiration for her next story.

However, in 47 BBY at the age of 33, Tess took on her first padawan- a Levanthi female by the name of Lysia Sentha. The two got along fairly well, and Tess even got to meet Lysia's own padawan, Evan Varel by the start of the Clone Wars. 12 years after her knighting, Tess had another padawan- this one a rather snarky Iktochi male named Ferren Barr. Despite the occasional attitude from the boy, the two bonded over galactic history and books. Eventually, Ferren would co author some of Tess' best stories and poems. Tess encouraged both her padawans to journal, stating that it was their life's story. Lysia had a hard time thinking of prominent events to write about, so she would just use her journal to vent about her friends and training. Ferren on the other hand, would write a lot about philosophy and visions. Tess valued both insights.

Tess would die defending the Jedi Archive in 19 BBY during the attack on the Jedi Temple known as Operation: Knightfall.

Quote(s):

- "Everyone has a story to tell. It builds over time. Which is the reason this journal is so important... because when you're gone, you can't expect someone else to tell your story unless you leave something behind."

Theme song: The Nights by Avicii