Chapter 9

Gemini's POV

Okay so, things are quite hectic I would say, I have a curse on me which means I only have less than 12 hours left to live, Taurus just found out that she can understand animals, it looked like midnight on the afternoon because of the strong mist around, a pack of black and shadowy wolves attacked us out if nowhere and Capricorn just unlocked the ability to create walls out of vines and plants.

It's all chill.

But, it all happened so fast I didn't know how to respond to the situation. Lucky, my sister Leo was there.
"RUN!" She shouted.

Virgo and Aquarius stopped to get their brother on his feet and we all sprinted away from the wolves. I was at the back, not because I'm a slow runner, but because the curse was really getting to me. I could feel myself getting weaker and even though I could potentially fly using the colorful wings on my back, running had already drained me. I was panting heavily in no time as I started to go into a jog. There was no way I could outrun the wolves at this rate but when your life is on the line, you at least attempt.

"HURRY UP YOU DUFUS!" Scorpio who was in the lead shouted. My vision blurred making everyone look like nothing more than colorful blobs. I tried to run faster but my body gave up on me. My jogging slowed down to a walk even though I knew I was obviously going to get caught by the shadow wolves.

A wolf howled in delight so loud it sounded as if it was right behind my ear. I turned my head back towards the wolves to see a shadow wolf charging at me on full speed, of course, it was all a blurry scene but something from my left pounced onto me, pushing me down but also pushing me out of the way of the wolf.

The blur got up and my vision started to adjust.

Scorpio.

Even though my vision had adjusted to the image, she was moving so fast I could see the black and white stripes behind her from her clothes. She ran towards the wolf how tried to attack me and slammed into it with such speed it almost seemed un-natural.... Okay, it definitely seemed un-natural.
The force of the hit sent the wolf flying into the nearest tree and wierdly popping into red dust.

The rest of the wolves stopped in their tracks and growled at her. She returned the growl as if trying to say 'you're next.'
Shockingly, the leader of the pack whimpered and retreated with it's pack following behind.
The next few seconds was a blur. Literally. But I knew that I blacked out.

I jolted upright at a strange tingling sensation on every inch of my skin. I snapped my head around to take in my surroundings. We were still in the same woods and I had been resting on a soft bed of leaves. Everyone was sitting around me looking at me with worry.
"How long have I been out?" I muttered to no one in particular.

"Exactly twelve hours." Leo said giving me a soft smile. I chuckled and rubbed my forehead trying to ignore the pain in my head.
But then something hit me. Figuratively. I was supposed to be dead in twelve hours.

My eyes widened in realisation as I looked around more aggressively. "Am I in heaven?" I asked feeling a bit light headed. Cancer let out a small laugh. "No, you're alive. Don't worry."

"But.... how?" I asked in confusion.
"Pisces saved your life, that's how." Virgo answered making me turn my head towards the teal haired girl who was sitting right nexto me with a kind and tirwd smile which slowly faded away. She looked really low on energy I almost felt guilty.

"Just turns out I can heal people. But a huge curse like yours took alot of energy. And it's only temporary, I did nothing but pospone your death.... unless we get the cure of course." She said.
"That's amazing!" I said in delight, happy that I wasn't dead.
"Then you wanna hurry up before it's too late or Pisces's work will be for nothing." Vulpeca said and stood up dusting off her white shirt and black skirt that made it below her knees.

We continued walking and walking. And walking as the deer so-called-Daisy led the way. The dark grey mist was beginning to clear out but even with that, the sun had already settled and the moon was showing. I estimated that it would be around seven or eight o'clock right now due to the faint blueness of the sky meaning that the sun had set not too long ago.

After all that walking my legs felt like it was actually spaghetti straps wearing pants. I knew I couldn't walk any further, not without collapsing. And I could see that the others felt the same too so I knew it had nothing to do with my curse.

I was gonna ask if we could stop to sleep for a while when Libra's head perked up and looked around "do you guys hear that?"
"Hear what?" Leo and Aries asked in unison, Sagittarius covered his face as an attemt to stop himself from laughing making Capricorn cross his arms and roll his eyes.

"What do you hear?" Orion asked getting straight to business.
"I can hear it too." Taurus said making me wanna shout out that I could hear it too to impress her but in all honesty, I didn't have clue. "It's water." She finished.

"Impossible. We weren't supposed to make it to the river of Poseidon in another few days!" Vulpeca argued.

"Mabye all that walking actually payed off." Aries said.
"Or mabye it's the shortcut that Daisy brought us through." Taurus suggested.

"Ya mean the one that almost got us killed?" Leo asked leaning on one leg and crossing her arms.

"Just continue walking." Orion said as he gently pushed Leo forward putting a hand on her back making her blush furiously.

A few minutes later we ran into a clearing by thr corner of I running river.

"We're here. The river of Poseidon. Where the real danger is." Vulpeca announced.

My heart skipped a beat. If the river was the real danger, and we hardly made it alive out if the forest, how were we gonna survive this?

"Heh, but we're no gonna sail on it right? We gust need to stay on the side." I said.

"Correct. The way to Wurro is not past the river, but even here, at the sides of the river, the danger is present." Orion said his face grim.

(⁠⁄⁠ ⁠⁄⁠•⁠⁄⁠-⁠⁄⁠•⁠⁄⁠ ⁠⁄⁠)⁠⁄⁄⁠(⁠⁄⁠ ⁠⁄⁠•⁠⁄⁠-⁠⁄⁠•⁠⁄⁠ ⁠⁄⁠)⁠⁄⁄⁠(⁠⁄⁠ ⁠⁄⁠•⁠⁄⁠-⁠⁄⁠•⁠⁄⁠ ⁠⁄⁠)⁠⁄⁄~~~~~(⁠⁄⁠ ⁠⁄⁠•⁠⁄⁠-⁠⁄⁠•⁠⁄⁠ ⁠⁄⁠)⁠⁄⁄⁠(⁠⁄⁠ ⁠⁄⁠•⁠⁄⁠-⁠⁄⁠•⁠⁄⁠ ⁠⁄⁠)⁠⁄⁄⁠(⁠⁄⁠ ⁠⁄⁠•⁠⁄⁠-⁠⁄⁠•⁠⁄⁠ ⁠⁄⁠)

\~~~→⁠_⁠→∆←⁠_⁠←~~~\
A/N

Is the story good do far?
Please let me know.

.

.

.

.

Interviewer: what do you need to survive in an apocalypse?
.

.

.

Me: a good book....
A hardcover book
.

.

.

Me: because you will always need a good read.
.

.

.

Me: and when a zombe or whatever comes to get you...
.

.

.

Me: it's a hardcover book so it will hurt them