Chapter 10

Aries'POV

My heart was hammering against my chest so fast I thought it was gonna fly out. I was hearing voices. Voices that I knew were just in my head but seemed to be coming from the river we were walking aside.

Danger...

Kill...

Kingdoms...

A hoarse voice shivered inside my skull giving me a headache.
The sky was dark and glittering with stars and a soft, cold breeze was present and yet I was sweating.

"I think it's best we sleep here for tonight." Vulpeca announced stopping.
"Are you mad? We can't sleep at the edge of the river of Poseidon! Anything could happen while we're asleep!" Aquarius argued.

"Vulpeca is right. We need rest. We can't keep on walking all night. We'll take shifts to keep lookout while the rest of us take a nap." Capricorn said.

"I'll take the first shift." Orion offered earning a nod from everyone.

I personally agreed with Aquarius, it was too risksy to sleep at the side of a deadly river. But yet, I was exhausted. So I went with it.

We opened our sleeping bags and Orion stood guard as I drifted off to sleep.

My eyes shot open at the hoarse voice in my head that suddenly shouted
DEATH
Out of nowhere. At first I was confused but then I heard it again but this time it wasn't in my head.

"Feed the royals---" it creaked making me spring out of my sleeping bag. I looked around to see everyone up as well. Some were sitting up and rubbing their eyes still trying to wake up (like my sister, Taurus and Virgo). Gemini was still asleep and didn't seem to be bothered by the voice. Libra, Leo, Vulpeca and Cancer were sitting up and gazing around with confusion. Pisces, Scorpio and Orion were standing up and looking around with me while Sagittarius, Aquarius and Capricorn standing at the edge of the river with their backs turned to us.

Everyone who was awake gazed at the three by the very edge of the river in confusion. Virgo's eyes widened in some sort of realisation as he got up and shouted.
"GET THEM AWAY FROM THE RIVER!"
It was the first time I was hearing his voice go that loud it was wierd coming from him. Scorpio acted. As fast as lightning, she ran towards the three and pulled all three of them by the back of their shirts. She heaved them back towards us. It was terrifying.
It was as if they fell asleep while standing up and when Scorpio pulled them back, they didn't even collapse. It was like they were statues.

"Mabye they were sleepwalking..." Leo sugessted. "But their eyes are wide open.." Pisces said staring at the three (I personally think it was specifically Sagittarius) with a pale face as if all the color was drained from her blood.

"You don't think th-they're.... You know..." Libra asked with a face of pure terror. "No." Virgo replied brushibf his hair out of his face. "They're paralyzed. It will wear off in a couple of minutes." He said making everyone sigh in relief.

"We have to keep moving. Immediately. Before something else happens." Orion announced. "Agreed. Hurry." Vulpeca said immediately packing her sleeping bag.

In a matter of minutes, we were on our way. We hauled up the three paralyzed ones and marched our way towards home. I held Aquarius by one of her shoulders while Pisces held her other shoulder, Leo and Taurus were holding her legs. Virgo, Cancer and Gemini were carrying Sagittarius. And Scorpio, Libra, Orion and Vulpeca were carrying Capricorn's paralyzed body.

We tried to walk as fast as we could, none of us wanted to spend any more time near the river than we hand to. But the voices didn't stop. It kept whispering wierd words that I knew the meanings of bud didn't understand in my ear.