chpt 13

"Mama, is everything okay?". Ibrahim Nasir asked after greeting his mother.

"Yes. How is everything over there".

"Fine, Alhamdulillah". He kicked a stone as he walked down the path.

"Masha Allah. Take care of yourself, hnnm?. I don't think anyone knows where you two are".

"Hnnm. We'll be returning tomorrow".

"I'm going to send cars with your clothes tomorrow morning".

"Okay, Insha Allah".

"Toh, ah gaida kowa".

"Toh". She hung up and he pocketed his phone.

"Your highness". He groaned internally. He hated how she called him, your highness with mockery.

He turned to look at her, she was already behind him, he felt like he was going to jump out of his skin as he was startled.

"Why are you on my farm". She said with a smile.

"Walking. Obviously". She rolled her eyes.

"Maimunatu says you guys are leaving tomorrow". She said falling in step with him.

"What? Are you going to miss me?". He teased when he heard a hint of sadness in her voice.

"You wish". She scoffed and he laughed.

"Okay, but I think you would". She walked ahead of him facing him and walking backwards.

"Don't flatter yourself".

"Later, your highness". She gave a salute and turned and walked away.

He smiled at her retreating back and then turned to walk back into the main house. There was no one in the living room, so he went to his room and stood in his balcony to watch the sun set. His eyes lowered after sometime to see fadimatu instructing some farm workers and she also bent to join them occasionally.

She was different from every other girl he knew, his cousins, workers and just any other lady around. His phone rang interrupting his thoughts and picked when he saw it was Sadiq. He missed work a lot and couldn't wait to return even though he enjoyed staying here.

"Good evening your highness".

"Good evening".

"Sir, should I allow appointments for tomorrow?".

"Ah, I don't think I can come in tomorrow, is there anything urgent?".

"No, your highness".

"Good then, nothing you all cannot handle".

"Subhanallah!". He exclaimed when fadimatu fell.

"What happened, are you okay your highness?". Sadiq asked alarmed.

"Oh, yes, yes. I'm fine. Bye".

"Have a goodnight and safe trip, your highness".

"Hnnm. Thanks". He hung up watching an older lady dust fadimatu's body and check for any injury.

He smiled when fadimatu smiled and gently pushed the woman away probably convincing her she was fine. He didn't miss how she touched her bottom when the woman turned away. An unexpected laughter rumbled out of him.

************

Maimunatu watched herself in the mirror. Her mother had sent royal clothes for her and her brother. She was happy though, her thobe was not ceremonial so it wasn't heavy and her dress was a straight fitted gown but the thobe covered the outline the dress made of her curves.