Chapter 2 - The Italians

It was 7 o'clock in the morning. Normally I would get out of bed and take a bath, eat something and get myself sorted out to go to work. I woke up uneasy and anxious. I couldn't pin point why just a feeling. I decided I deserved a day to myself since it had been a while. Always running around from work to Polly, Ada or Finn and maintaining a social life besides them. It wouldn't be the first time I would skip a work day so no trouble there. And even if there would be. Tommy is not the boss of me and he should suck it up. I decided to try to get some more sleep. It was now 11 and I'm sure Tommy would've received a message that I hadn't come to work. So while I made myself presentable I decided to go shopping since I wanted to avoid Tommy and his lectures of the dangers not knowing where I am. I loved shopping. I wouldn't necessary say that I am a girly girl. I don't think I could've been considering the world I grew up in and the male energy around it. But I did enjoy fashion and It relaxes me. I had a choice what I wanted to wear not my brothers. It wasn't dangerous to shop. I could make it dangerous by a type of outfit or make-up and get a man blinded by my brothers hands. But overall it was risk free. I was going store to store getting gifts and clothes. And as always I got a lot of things free because of the power the name Shelby beholds. It was 2 o'clock when I saw a cute lunch place I went there and got something to eat. After continuing to shop for a few hours I decided I had enough and should go home. I was on my way home turning a corner when I ran into Isiah. Before I hit the ground I felt two strong hands holding my waist keeping me steady. "Woah... Isiah you should watch were you're going". "Me?!! You came out of nowhere". "Uffgh! Maybe if you didn't run you would've seen me". "Well I was running to find you. Every damn peaky boy available is searching for you! Where have you been? Nobody has seen you all day I was so worried that something bad had happened" said Isiah stepping away with frustration and something I couldn't decipher. "Wait you were worried about little old me?" I asked him while pointing a finger at myself with a teasing smile. "Seriously that is all you got?" He rolled his eyes exasperated. "But as you can see I'm perfectly fine... well actually my arms hurt a little could you be so kind to carry these?" I said giving him my bags and walking away to my house. Isiah jogged with my shopping bags towards me to catch up. "We should go to Tommy's it's urgent". "Ughhh, how many times do I have to repeat myself I can't forgive him yet he needs to give me space". "Jen, I understand but something happend he called a meeting on Boxing Day". I stopped right before my house turning to him anxious "what do you mean something happend? Is everybody okay?" Isiah looked distraught "let's go inside where it's warmer and I'll tell you okay?". "Is it Ada? Arthur? John? It is John? What happend? Is he hurt? he's dead isn't he omg.. omg.. omg... okay... okay.....breath I need to breath" I panicked. Isiah put his hands around my waist and hugged me. I immediately wrapped my arms around his neck and cried in the nape of his neck. "Come on it isn't safe here. We should move inside" He gently pushed me towards the door and we got inside while still holding me. Once inside I got bombarded with a hug and questions by Finn. Finn lead me towards the couch while Isiah went to make sure everything was locked and secure. Finn and I hugged for awhile until he stood up when Isiah re-enterd with a ketel of tea and cups. He sat next to me on the couch and put his arm around me while I drank my tea. I leaned into his embrace and cried quietly while he gave me reassurances that he was here and I was safe. Finn was on the phone calling tommy that I was safe and sound. Isiah was rubbing circles on my waist which was comforting. To the point where I stopped crying and fell asleep on Isiah.