Chapter 5 - Boxing

I woke up and made some oatmeal breakfast for myself. After taking a bath I put on a dress with jewellery and some make-up.

 After taking a bath I put on a dress with jewellery and some make-up

I made sure there was no hair out of place. I opened the door ready to go when I bumped into someone. I felt strong hands wrap around my waist steadying me. Looking up I saw the gold boy looking rather flustered. "So you always bump into girls you don't know?" I asked. Bonnie smiled down while rubbing the back of his neck "no, I was about to knock". "Ohww Finn's not home" I said ready to go past him when he said "Actually I'm here for you". Looking confused at him I said "me? Why me? I don't even know you". Bonnie awkwardly smiled at me saying "I'm Bonnie Gold. Thomas said I had to come here and you would show me the way to the factory for a boxing match...". Looking at him I realised why Tommy said that "For fucks sake he's going to get it when I see him" Bonnie was now the one looking confused. "Come on I'll tell you on the way". So we started walking towards the factory. "So are you going to punch Thomas again?" Bonnie asked smirking and looking intrigued. "You saw that? Great" "yea I did". "Well he deserved it, but to answer your question no... I'm not going to punch him this time". "So why is Thomas going to get it?" Asked Bonnie. "Well, because he send you to babysit me". "What I thought he send you to babysit me on the way to the factory?" Bonnie asked confused. "Well no, see this way Tommy knows where I am and he can keep an eye on me. Since him and I can't see eye to eye at the moment he doesn't know what I'm doing and as the control freak he is he put me on a job to keep me close" I said rolling my eyes. Bonnie looked understanding and said "Well even though I love talking about you going off on Thomas... is your aunt really a witch?" He asked smiling at me. I appreciated him changing the subject, it's always Tommy and his shit. Now I get a distraction wrapped in a very pretty boy. I said "yes, why do you think her hair is so big. It's full of secrets". Bonnie laughed at that. He's got a cute laugh. "So pretty boy I heard you're a boxer". "Yes I am". "You any good?" I asked him. "Do you think Thomas would take a chance if I wasn't?" He asked me. "Good point. Think you can show me some moves?" I said smirking at him, while Bonnie blushed at my comment. Rolling my eyes, while smiling softly and pushing his very defined arm "I meant like actual boxing moves". He looked at me confused "why? From what I've seen you got a great right hook on you". "Because I said so" I stated matter of factly. "Now are you gonna show me some or should I ask another boxer?" I asked raising an eyebrow at him. He smiled while shaking his head "I'll show you, but how about after the boxing match in the factory? You can get away with being late with your brother I can't" he looked at me a little stressful. "Relax he won't do anything to you for now. But okay we'll box after the match" I said winking at him and strutting into the factory. When I entered the factory I saw Tommy demanding a rope and bell from Devlin, who looked desperate for Thomas to listen to him. Thomas saw Bonnie and asked him and Aberama to follow him to the back to get Billy Mills to fight Bonnie. I stayed with Arthur who started a bet "Place a wager with me, I'll give you good odds. I'll give you good odds on the boy, even better on the big lad". The men lined up placing bets until the bell rang and the match began. I stood in between Arthur and Tommy watching the match, Billy was throwing punches left and right and Bonnie either blocked them or avoided them. "Your boy knows he can hit back, right?" Arthur asked Aberama. "Told him in the professional game people want their money's worth, don't win too fast...but if you've seen enough, finish him Bonnie". Bonnie punched Billy 5 times knocking him out right in front of us. "Fuck me. That was was a punch" said Arthur. "You can say that again" I said smirking at Bonnie giving him a wink, while Bonnie gave me a goofy smile turning a little more red then before. I felt Tommy's death stare on me and Arthur said "you better fucking not". I rolled my eyes "I meant that it was a good punch, now how about business?" I raised my eyebrow at Tommy awaiting his next move. Tommy started interrogating Aberama with "Does he have fits?"" No." "Does he have Asthma?" "No." answered Aberama. Bonnie looked cockily at Tommy and said "I could fight a fucking tree and knock it out". They were interrupted by Devlin reminding Tommy of a meeting. I smirked at Bonnie's comment and walked out of the factory. Tommy yelled after me "Jenny I got to talk to you! For fucks sake take a bloody peaky boy with Cha! You-" pointing at 2 peaky blinders "go after her and make sure she is safe. If something happens to her, I will have your heads understood?". They nodded quickly and ran towards me. "Devlin, a minute. Arthur" Tommy motioned.

I was walking home with the peaky boys following me saying that they would protect me. As if I need protection. We finally reached my house I walked in leaving them behind and went to my room. Since me and Bonnie would meet up later, I decided to change into something more fitting for the boxing.

 Since me and Bonnie would meet up later, I decided to change into something more fitting for the boxing

I decided to put my hair half back with a black bow and the rest loose. I heard knocking on the front door. I finished putting my red lipstick on and walked down the stairs hearing my heels click, opening the door there stood my beloved brother Finn looking mad at me. "Ohw it's you". "Where you expecting someone else? Why are you wearing a suite? What trouble did you get into? Why did you take so long to open the door?". "Jesus you sound like a copper Finn" he looked at me impatiently. I rolled my eyes and said "If you must know I got some business I need to handle and it's easier in a suite. No. I'm not in trouble. And it wasn't that long I was doing my lipstick. Aren't you supposed to get drunk with Isiah somewhere?". "What business? Isiah is busy he had to do something for Tommy and I wanted to spend time with my favorite sister". I looked at him suspicious "what did you do that you want me to take the blame for?" He huffed "How do you always know I did something?... I broke a whiskey bottle in Tommy's office, so could you take the blame? Yes, thank you I've got to run!" He gave me a kiss on the cheek and ran away. "Finn! Serious? As if Tommy isn't going to get mad at me-" "Well I know he has a soft spot for you even though you're mad at him" I jumped at the voice and turned to the door where Bonnie stood. "Ever heard of announcing that your there?" I asked him, when he replied with "I've heard, but it's more fun not to" he gave me a teasing smile "besides you knew I was coming". "Yeah I guess I did. So where are we going?" Bonnie looked at me and grabbed my hand running. Not knowing where we where heading I kept holding his hand. We arrived at an open scenery of grass and trees, close to the camp they were staying. "Why don't you show me your skills, so I can see what we need to improve". I nodded at him and started punching te air, while he was analysing my every move. "You're not gonna win a fight like that" said Bonnie after some time. "Well good to know." I replied continuing punching the air. "You've got to use your whole body" he put his hands around my waist twisting it around "Keep tension here" I stopped for a second looking at him. Staring into his eyes. "And go on offense. You're fast, so you could win if you attacked first." Nodding my head at him saying I understood, he continued "you get inside and jab for the throat... keep working". We carried on until I managed to get the moves right. "Thanks for this" I said bumping my shoulder into his while we were heading home. "No, problem. Can I ask you a question?" He said staring at me. "You already asked a question, pretty boy". He looked at me intensely "Why did you ask me to teach you? Why not one of your brothers or that friend of yours?". I stopped walking he noticed and stopped too turning around. "Well, because my brothers are busy. And you intrigue me so I wanted the boxing boy to teach me" I smirked at him continuing to walk. He laughed and strode next to me "and your friend?". Softly smiling at him I said "I wanted you to do it. Not him." Bonnie blushed at that. We arrived at my house, when Bonnie said "it was nice spending time with you. Next time we'll box together and see how your response is" I looked at him with a teasing smile "Who says there's gonna be a next time huh? Pretty boy". Bonnie blushed and hammered out "I- uh I mean if - if you don't want to-" I shut him up by softly kissing his lips and whispering "I was joking Bonnie, goodnight." Winking at his red face I walked into the house with tinteling lips.