Chapter 14 - Testerone

Hearing the phone I grumbled under my breath stepping out of bed to grab the phone I said "Jennifer Shelby speaking" "Jenny! They're letting me in... I'm in charge of making sure Billy gets the first division referees in football on-" I hung up. Yeah might be rude but honestly it's 7 in the morning and I'm not a morning person... I'm happy that he is happy, but I don't support it though. It will only bring bad news and as I decided before I'm done with Small Heath. Therefore him being more involved makes him an even bigger person to ignore, yeah he's my twin but I can't. Not after everything that has happened. Now that I'm wide awake because my dear brother called at ungodly hours. I might as well make meself a some breakfast. I put some music on, rather loud, trying to ignore the constant ringing of my phone. After breakfast I took a lovely long bath and changed into the outfit above. (Idk why I can't import the photo here anymore)

Curling my hair and putting a little bit of brown powder on my eyelashes and grabbing my handbag I strutted outside to take a lovely walk to town. When I arrived I decided to buy myself some new clothes...shopping always cheered me up.

Walking further into town I saw a cute new place. Walking in, it turned out to be a bookshop. Deciding to stroll around I noticed some books I haven't read yet and was intrigued. I grabbed 4 books and walked over to the cashier. When I walked outside I felt someone grab my wrist. Turning around annoyed I saw it was Leo smirking at me "morning love, saw you had a nice shopping trip thought I could company you to your house... since I'm supposed to watch you anyways" I looked at him unsure "Sorry Leo I just want to think while walking" and turned around again walking hurriedly to my house with Leo following me. I know we're going to the same place, but I feel like I should put some distance between us. It was just a fling.. some fun. I felt free away from my family and me breaking Tommys rules without him knowing. That was just a thrill knowing we could get caught any moment. But now I'm not interested in that anymore. I want to focus on myself, I've already distanced myself from small health, now I just want to read some books and find myself a job that I enjoy. Maybe I could work at the bookshop, I've got enough money from the betting shop to last for years. But I like to keep busy, besides I could read books in between helping customers. But I feel like Leo might see it differently and I don't want to string him along. He says stuff like my love and he keeps approaching me more when we're outside. I arrived at home, made some dinner and ate it on the couch while reading.
I was so invested in reading that I jumped when I heard hard knocks on my front door. Confused at who that could be I walked over, there standing in all his glory was Tommy. I was about to close the door, when he put his foot in between.''I saw the lights on... are you here with somebody?" He asked, raising his eyebrow at me and giving me a look. I rolled my eyes and humphed crossing my arms over my chest "serious Tommy I can't believe you just asked me that... it's not your business if I'm with somebody or not. I don't involve meself with your shit in Small Heath so you should leave me alone... now if you could be so kind" I gestured to the door to leave. "Look it's 2AM, I just wanted to make sure you were alright. Nobody heard from you since you ran away from the house in a state. The only reason I didn't come barging in here earlier is because you answered Finn's call, so I knew you were safe. And I do care we all do. You're my little sister, the Shelby baby. I just want you safe". Frowning at the time I looked at the clock and low and behold he's right it's nighttime. The book I was reading sure grabbed my attention.
I looked at Tommy wondering why he's here, I analysed him and he looks rough. Rolling my eyes I sighed and let him come in. I grabbed two glasses and poured the whiskey I gave it to him. Tommy sat down on the couch while I leaned against the table giving him a piercing stare while sipping the whiskey. Tommy gulped the whole glass in one filling the glass up again "I remember when our father had beaten me one day and left to go to a pub.... You came over and attended my cuts and bruises, you were 5 years old. Smart little thing. I didn't know how to feel at that moment... only one thing was clear.'' Tommy stared intensely back into my eyes ''The urge to protect you for always. I needed to be strong for you, so I kept it all in gazing down at you. You told me that I could put my mask down now... said I was safe with you... you ran away upstairs leaving me confused when you came running down with something in your hands... it was your mr. Rabbit your teddy bear. Remember him? ..you wouldn't be seen without it. And you gave your most prized possession to me saying -" I interrupted him "if not to me to mr.rabbit" he smiled at me "you gave it back to me when we returned from war... it helped- you helped. You guided me through the darkness when I couldn't find the light- its you.." listening to the story we reminisced about then there was a long pause. Just silence. But I know Tommy wouldn't be vulnerable for anything. If it was years ago i would've gone home in an instance. But not this time... not now..i've experienced too much to be naïef en forgiving. So I stood my ground and asked " Why are you here Thomas?" He looked at me sighing and rubbed his face in a stressful way ''come home Jenny... we miss you'' i gave him a stone cold look ''Look Jenny there are some dangerous powerful people here... the man you met at the parliament... the billy boys and it's safer for you to be at small heath... where i can keep an eye on you'' i abruptly stood up ''you mean control me-'' ''that's not what i mean Jenny.. God your stubborn come home!'' Tommy retailed. I huffed at that, crossing my arms and I said ''that's rich coming from you, you're the most stubborn from us lot... besides you already have Leo watching my every move for you!''. Tommy stood up to ''It would be better to stay with the family and wait.. How do you know his name? Jennifer?'' i rolled my eyes ''what i'm not allowed to ask your guard dogs their names now? Besides, I'm not going anywhere.. I'm staying and that's the end of it'' I stormed out of the door. When I felt the breeze touch my arms I realised that I'm not wearing a coat and that I left Tommy in my house. But I wasn't going to go back to him with my tail between my legs. I'm a Shelby for crying out loud.. But where should I go? I haven't really made any girl friends here and I wasn't going back or to Ada's. So I strutted to one of my favourite bars a few streets away.
When I walked in I was met with music and loud talking... I approached the bar and was about to order when the bartender told me I wasn't allowed to. I rolled my eyes this guy must be new here ''look I've had a rough night, so please can i get a whiskey?'' The bartender was contemplating when i heard a male voice say ''2 whiskeys for me and the dangerous lady next to me'' turning around I was met with mr. Mosley. ''Hello mr. Mosley I'm shocked to see you here in a communal bar'' he gave me a once over ''idem dito miss Shelby.. And you can call me Osward'' the bartender gave us our whiskey and I went to sit at a table, Mosley following. ''So miss Shelby if i may ask why did you have a rough night?'' I looked him over, raising my eyebrow ''no, you may not''. He gave me a smirk ''anything to do with your brother?''. Taking a sip I retailed with ''which one? I know you've done your research on us Shelby's'' he nodded ''well since Finn and Arthur aren't in London and John is dead, my condolence. It should be the cause of all your problems.. Thomas''. I took a sip from my drink maintaining eye contact ''mmhmm, you never said why your here'' he squinted his eyes ''it seems we're here for the same reasons'' I gave him an confused look ''both wanting to drink to reduce the headache Thomas has given us'' after that we remained silent. He was trying to prod and see if I would show Thomas his cards or if I would give some secrets up in spite of Thomas. But I didn't want to be a pin in their games anymore. So I chucked my whiskey and stood up ''I would say it was a pleasure speaking with you, but that would be a lie. Thank you for the whiskey though, goodnight mr. Mosley'' walking out the door I was immediately grabbed around my arm. As a reflex I punched the one holding me, turning around to the person groaning and cursing saying ''Who the fuck was that?'' i looked at him confused and pulled my arm away ''it's none of your business Leo''. He scolded me ''it is! You are my girlfriend and I don't want you talking to any other man''. I huffed stomping my feet a little ''I'm not your girlfriend Leo! For crying out loud we fucked a few times and that's it! Yesterday I was devastated about Bonnie and... and I needed a shoulder to cry on! Don't look at me like that!'' I frustratedly said ''Your Tommy's guard dog keeping an eye on me and protecting me, but we would never ever get together... i've had enough testosterone today i'm going home!'' i said angrily walking way home. I sighed happily when I couldn't find Tommy anywhere in my apartment and changed into my slip falling into a deep slumber on the bed.