iii ~ Yay, Monstrous Man-eating Birds

┌────── •✧• ──────┐

chapter three ˏˋ°•*⁀➷
003. Yay, Monstrous Man-eating Birds

└────── •✧• ──────┘

When Percy asked Poseidon for help, he didn't mean a cyclops brother.

Tyson moved into Cabin 3 and was the giddiest person alive.

"Percy is my brother?" Was repeated every few seconds.

Percy would shrug it off with a "Aw, Tyson, It's not that simple."

But Tyson didn't care. He was super happy and Percy was well . . . embarrassed.

He liked Tyson, don't get him wrong but he couldn't help the ashamed feeling the settled in his stomach.

How would you feel if your dad, a mighty immortal god, hung out with a nature spirit for a little too long, and a cyclops brother was the result.

Percy knew the myths about Cyclopes and that they were often children of Poseidon. But the realization didn't kick in until Tyson moved in.

Perseus Jackson was related to a bunch of Cyclopes.

The campers' comments didn't help much either. Percy wasn't cool anymore, just a poor guy with a monster of a brother.

"He's not my real brother! He's more like a half—brother on monstrous side of the family. Like . . . a half—brother twice removed, or something." Percy denied when Tyson wasn't present.

Nobody listened.

Cassie and Annabeth were also plagued by remarks about Percy and Tyson.

They ignored it most of the time, but one comment resulted in an argument.

༻ ─── •✧💢✧• ─── ༺

The girls had teamed up for the chariot race and offered that Percy could help them.

The son of Poseidon denied saying he'd find another teammate because it had to be teams of two.

Cassie had only agreed to being Annabeth's partner because the blonde kept asking and it got her mind off things.

Besides, there was no way they wouldn't win. Annabeth's mom literally made the chariot and Cassie's dad was the god of war.

She was made to fight and with Annabeth's brains, they'd be unstoppable.

One morning, Cassie and Annabeth went to the lake to make some plans on their chariot design.

Then, some Aphrodite kids walked over and offered them eyeliner.

"It's for Percy to use on his eye . . . oh wait eyes."

The camper left chuckling and the brunette rolled her eyes. she flipped him off behind his back.

Annabeth brought Cassie's hand down.

"Just ignore them. It isn't Percy's fault he has a monster for a brother." Annabeth advised.

"He's not a monster!" Cassie protested.

"I'm just stating the truth. And technically, he is a monster."

"That doesn't matter. He's nothing like the other cyclops. You know that and Percy shouldn't be made fun of either. People are such asses."

"Well you did give him permission to enter the camp."