6 - It's A Date!

I woke up to the sound of my alarm clock, which I hit on accident out of excitement. I got ready as fast as I could and started making my way to the coffee shop as usual.

"Well there you are CJ! How did it go!?" Lucy asked.

"Amazingly." I replied.

"Aww, glad to hear. Here, I got your breakfast ready for ya." She then handed me my coffee and a freshly baked bagel.

"Thanks Lucy! Talk to you later!" I said as we waved each other goodbye and I made my way to work.

Amidst my shift, I got a call.

"Hey CJ! It's me, Evelyn!"

"Oh hey! Glad to hear your voice again! What's up?"

"I was thinking, do you want to go out for dinner tonight?"

"Yeah I'd love to! Anywhere in particular?" I asked.

"I have a place in mind... You'll see! I'll talk to you after work!" *CLICK* She said as she hung up the call.

After setting plans like that, I couldn't keep a straight face at work. I couldn't help but smile at the thought of her face, her laugh, and her sense of humor. I felt my heart skip a beat just at the thought of it. One of my coworkers noticed this.

"Someone's in a good mood," he said teasingly.

"Oh you bet, I finally got a date." I replied.

"What?! When?! Who!? How?!" He yelled.

"It's a long story."

"Oh come on! I have to know, at least can you tell me her name?"

"Her name's Evelyn."

"Wait, you said you had a date.. tonight, right?"

"Yeah, why do you ask?"

"What are you still doing here CJ?! Go! Have fun! Surprise her by being early! I'll finish up here for us!"

"Wait really? Thank you so much Jacob!"

"Don't mention it, now go go go!"

I quickly grabbed my things and ran outside. As we were talking yesterday she mentioned she works at an art center near the coffee shop, so I decided to make my way there. But right as I turned the corner from my work building, Evelyn showed up right in front of me.

"WHA- Oh, it's you!" She said as she jumped and gave me a hug.

"Wait, Evelyn?! What are you doing out of work?"

"I could ask you the same question! My friends at work overheard our dinner plans and told me to end my shift early, so here I am!"

"Oh, what a coincidence! My coworker also let me off early because of our dinner plans!"

We both laughed for a solid moment, then just stared at each other's eyes.

"I missed you," she said.

"I missed you too," I replied.

We pulled our faces closer together and gave each other a kiss. Then Evelyn sprang up and grabbed my hand.

"Here, follow me! I'll take you to the place I told you about!"

She pulled my hand and started running down the sidewalk.

"W-whoa! Slow down a bit, will ya?!" I said jokingly.