chapter two | opprotunity

autumn benet

FASHION WEEK PT

FASHION WEEK PT. 02

So far, everything was going pretty great, and I only say that because my designs hadn't touched the runway just yet, but the fact that I was up next—literally, and my stomach was doing an unhealthy amount of backflips and somersaults that we're making my stomach do some crazy things.

Hopefully I don't pass out...

"Can you please, please let me tie the sash how it's supposed to be tied!" I said to Nic.

Nic smirked and licked his lips as he looked down at me. "You know, you're kinda cute when you're begging. I like it."

"I am NOT begging you! I'm merely...asking." I scoffed, jerking my head back and glaring at him.

"I definitely think it was begging," he says with a chuckle. "But as much as I would like to give you what you want, the answer is still no."

Penelope shook her head in disbelief. "This Nigga just don't listen at all."

Before I could wrap my hands around Nic's neck, one of the workers walked up to me, letting me know that it was time for my models to begin, and just like that, I got lightheaded. Nic wasn't letting up on this sash, and it was time for everyone to go out...

"You okay?" Ivy asks, giving me a concerned look.

I grabbed onto the wall and lowered my head, placing my hand on my stomach. "I think I'm gonna throw up."

"You pregnant?" Wynslow asks, raising an eyebrow.

We all turned to Wynslow, giving her confused glances while Penelope slapped the back of her neck and said, "Girl ain't no one pregnant!"

"Damn," Wynslow mumbled, rubbing her neck. "My fault!"

"Look, you're going to do fine!" Josh says, placing his hand on my shoulder and shaking me back and forth. "We are gonna be sitting out there cheering you on, okay? Cool!"

I nodded my head and watched as my friends walked off and took their seats in the middle row. I peaked around the corner, seeing just how many people showed up, and my jaw dropped at the sight of some well known celebrities sitting out there like Teyana Taylor, Naomi Campbell, Tems, Gabrielle Union, Halle Berry, Blake Lively—oh gosh I think I'm really gonna throw up now.

"Swallow that throw up, Autti," Paisley whispered as the music started. "It's time to shine."

Oh, Lord please take me now...