chapter fifteen | coming clean

DONTE DIVINCENZO

I hadn't seen Morgan in months since Wynslow dropped the news on me that Morgan was pregnant and apparently I was the father of the child—at least, that's what Morgan told Wynslow.

I still wasn't entirely convinced by that, but because I knew that all of this had affected Wynslow negatively and still was affecting her negatively whether she wanted to admit it or not, I had to get to the bottom of this.

A part of me also wanted to find out because what if I truly was the father and because I didn't remember anything from that alleged night, what if Morgan did drug me? How would I pass that news over to Wynslow? I didn't want to guilt trip her, but I also wanted to know the truth just as much as she did, even if she didn't want to admit it.

So, here I was, walking into Starbuck where Morgan and I arranged to meet. I had texted her last week asking to meet up today to talk about things, and of course, she agreed to it, which is why we're here.

Morgan was sitting at a table with a frappe sitting in front of her and her phone in her hand. She had gained weight and I could tell that she was indeed pregnant. Her brown hair was spilling in pools down her shoulders and she looked somewhat nervous.

Weird.

"Hey," She says, looking up at me as she realized that I was now present.

I gave her a blank stare and sat down across from her. "Hi."

"I-I'm glad you called," Morgan says. "I've been wanting to call you and tell you—."

"That you're pregnant?" I said coldly. "Yeah. I heard. Wynslow told me. Actually, she told me that you were the one who told her."

Morgan nodded. "I did."
"Why?" I questioned.

"Because you didn't answer your phone." She says, jerking her head back.

"You seriously think that I would contact you or let you contact me when I told you that I was done with you? And that I was with my girl?" I snapped.

Morgan scoffed. "It's not like I intentionally told her. I came there looking for you!"

"YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE COME AT ALL," I shouted. "Do you realize what the fuck you did to my relationship?"

Morgan frowned. "Yeah, you two broke up. I heard. Congrats, now you can be a father..."

"Is it even really mine?" I blurted out.

"Donte, what the fuck!" Morgan spat. "Why would I lie—."

"Why wouldn't you lie?" I questioned. "Let's really sit here and think about that, huh? You saw me happy with Wynslow and you did everything to fuck it up. You saw your—."

"Shut. Up." Morgan snarled.

"You saw your opportunity and took it," I continued. "Is it mine?!"

Morgan paused and nodded her head. "Yes."

My eyes traveled down to her hand which was resting on her wrist. I watched as she ran her thumb along the skin of her wrist and smirked. "You sure?"