chapter eight | welcome to d.c part two

Autumn Benet

"Hey, Corey..."

All of us turned to face the train-wreck happening in front of us. I couldn't believe that this was happening...and right now.

Donte was completely red in the face; he looked as if he were two seconds from blowing a gasket. His hands were fisted at his sides and his chest was heaving up and down. Every now and then, he would shut his eyes and count down from ten in order to calm himself down—and his tactics still weren't working in his favor.

While the guys were looking completely and utterly confused by what was going on, us girls—all except Ivy—were looking at Corey.

He was cute, for sure. He looks like something straight out of a Disney movie. It was almost as if he wasn't real, but the only thing that throws me off is the fact that he sounds like a frat guy—but that's neither here or there.

"Wynslow, why is he calling you that?" Donte says slowly. It was almost as if he was trying to keep himself from losing his mind.

Kyle, who we have learned is Wynslow's cousin, smirked and covered his mouth to hide his smirk and turned his head. "This is gonna be good.."

"Why are you worrying about what he calls me?" Wynslow asks, turning to face Donte.

Donte scowled. "Because you left me for no reason and now you got him chasing after you?!"

"No reason?!" Wynslow shrieked.
Kyle frowned. "Let's not forget how you were still in contact with your ex while you were trying to form something with Wyn, is a logical reason to leave you alone."

Donte turned to Corey. "How long have you guys been talking?"

"I really don't think that's any of your concern." Corey says with a shrug, putting his arm around Wynslow.

"Oh shit." Ivy says in shock.

While Donte, Corey, and Wynslow continued to semi-argue with each other, I noticed Josh looking as if someone had ripped out his heart of gold and ran over it with an eighteen wheeler. He was looking to the side, so I followed his gaze and my heart dropped when I realized what he was looking at—or who he was looking at.

Jordan and Penelope were standing off to the side by the doors, talking about God knows what. Penelope was smiling and giggling like a fool while Jordan was flashing his million dollar dimpled smile and talking to her like she was the only woman left on planet Earth that had his undivided attention.

Before I knew it, they had exchanged their phones, putting their numbers in and switching back, only to continue their conversation by walking right past us and sit down on the bleachers as if they were the only people in the room.

Poor Josh...

"You used to say that it was always gonna be me and you right?" Donte says, grabbing Wynslow's hand, a desperate expression on his face.

"Bro, Donte why are you begging," Mikal says.

"Can you shut the hell up!" Josiah snaps, glaring at Mikal.

Wynslow frowned. "I never said that..." she says, her frown deepening. "That bitch said that to you. Not me. Look at you."