December 1st | All I want for christmas

⁕*⁕

June 7, Northern Territory, Australia - Mary

"One day I will marry you. " Josh smiled and rubbed a streak behind my ears. I felt myself blushing slightly. "Then you have to be patient. I'm not allowed to leave until I'm 21. ", I explained to him objectively. "Oh, shut up." he said and kissed me. I liked that kind of shut up. I felt his soft lips on mine – and for a moment I imagined that I would actually marry Josh. As you know, dreams should be able to come true. I let go of his lips and looked at him. "And what will our wedding be like?" I asked, genuinely interested in his ideas. "I had thought of a nice party by the water. Short dresses, just a few guests. The wind in your hair and a very informal wedding – just perfect. " I bit my lip slightly. I had always dreamed of a winter wedding, preferably in New York – oh yes, New York. But that was really unimportant at the moment, because we still had at least a year and a half before we even had to think about it remotely. But I was sure one day I would convince Josh to get married in New York. Instead, for the moment, I was content with kissing him.

I just heard the door open when we were splitting up. "Nobody touches my daughter!" my father shouted from the door, his stupid hunting rifle in his hand. That thing hadn't worked for three years, except Josh didn't know about it. He raised his hands and stepped back a bit. I looked at my father in reproach. "Dad!" He glanced at Josh again. He had known him since I was sixteen, but that didn't stop him from trusting him, especially when it came to the life of his only daughter.

"It's okay, Josh, that thing is junk. I then passed it on to my friend, who was still standing there scared. "Please, Mary. We do not speak of a weapon by the term 'junk'. " my father gave back and actually stooped to lowering the gun. So Josh dropped his arms and looked at me slightly shocked and amused at the same time. Only he had that look. "Dinner is ready." Then my father said. "Hurry up, we have something to discuss. " I nodded. "Goodbye, Josh. ", Dad then said explicitly. He raised his hands and took a step towards me. "Submit yourself. " my father growled. So Josh just smiled at me and rushed out of the room. "I'll be right there." I said to Dad and he nodded before he went back outside. "Josh!" was all I heard before my boyfriend stood in front of me and actually gave me another kiss. He smiled and finally disappeared under the warning gaze of my father.

⁕*⁕

⁕*⁕