December 3rd | Joy to the world

⁕*⁕
June 7, Northern Territory, Australia - Mary

There was a long text on the letter. A small picture was printed in the corner and I looked at it closely. The picture showed a young man smiling kindly into the camera. His hair was shaggy and dark blonde, his eyes bright green. Impressive eyes... I looked at the text again, and Mom started reading.

"Dear Orleans family, we are pleased to introduce you to your exchange student for the coming year. During the year he will stay with you and also help out in your family business. More detailed information can be found on the back. Thank you very much." Dad seemed almost happier than Mom when they read the part about work. Actually, this was not a surprise, because the nearest town was 50 kilometers away from here. He couldn't have done any other project.

"My name is Lenny Mike Darwin and I'm from New York City, New York. I spent my whole childhood there and now I long to see more than just life in the city. Above all, I was attracted to your offer, as it is a completely different area from what I know it." I looked at Mom from the side. "Could you choose the exchange student?" I asked her. "No, but we were able to specify a few criteria and we were given a few suggestions from which we could choose what suits us." "So you already know Lenny?" I concluded. Mom tilted her head slightly. "A little bit, yes. But not everything. And I stole and fixed your test text you wrote last year. So your host parents have a text from you, too."I shook my head. Ladies and Gentleman, my parents. Mom ignored my questioning looks and continued. "I'm twenty years old and I'm passionate about sports and literature. I play basketball and badminton and have been employed in different companies since high school to gain experience. That's why I'm particularly curious about what the work on your farm will be like. I'm also interested in your traditions." Mom smiled happily. Dad looked thrilled, too. "A good boy. The year will certainly be good." I decided to just be happy for them. They didn't actually have bad company as soon as I left.

June 23, New York City, USA – Lenny

Mom looked happy as she looked at the letter. "The girl looks really nice and I'm sure she'll feel comfortable here. I already asked Jack. She can work there if she wants." I nodded and took the letter from her to look at the picture. Marriah actually looked nice – and unfortunately also damn pretty. Above all, I was impressed by her different eye colors. One of her eyes was green, the other blue. Her hair was dark brown and fell over her shoulder as if it had sprung from a fashion magazine. She could actually be a model. However, she said nothing about it in her text. It was more about riding, animals and nature. Besides, she liked hiking, which really confused me. What kind of person would like to go hiking? But other than that, I knew she and Mom would get along. Not to mention Sina, my little sister, who couldn't wait to send me away to finally have a sister. Thank you very much, too.

⁕*⁕

⁕*⁕