chaewon strikes back

To no one's surprise, Yunjin is a mess the next day in rehearsal. She tries her best to cover it up, but the instructor notices right away that she isn't dancing with her usual precision. Chaewon sees her sneaking Advil on breaks, face dripping from splashing cold water on herself in the bathroom. She resists the urge to fuss over her, stroke her hair and kiss her forehead. These are the consequences of her own actions, after all, and Chaewon has to let her face them.

At the end of the day, as Chaewon settles into bed, a familiar blonde figure appears in the doorway of her room. Chaewon tries to glare at her, but Yunjin is hard to stay mad at. She may be acting a fool, but God is she cute, her eyes wide and innocent as Chaewon attempts to stare her down.

"Come here, Yunjinnie," Chaewon relents, beckoning her into the room. She intends to forgive and forget, but as Yunjin approaches Chaewon can already smell another offense on her breath.

"You're fucking kidding me," Chaewon raises her eyebrows, "Have you been drinking again?"

"Just a little bit," Yunjin admits, "Please don't be mad."

"I just don't understand," Chaewon sputters, "After today you still haven't learned better?"

"I'm sorry," Yunjin's face reddens further.

Chaewon takes hold of Yunjin's hand, pulling her so that she sits down on the bed, "Promise me this is the last time?"

Yunjin doesn't answer, eyes fixed on her own hand in Chaewon's. When she glances up, the intensity of her gaze makes Chaewon's heart jump. "I think I'm in love with you, Chaewon,'' she says.

Chaewon smiles wryly, "Haven't we been over this?"

"But last time I said it all angry like 'I'm in love with you, okay?'" Yunjin does a dramatic imitation of herself, "I want to say it the right way. I've never felt anything like this, Chaewon. Touching your hand...it feels like I'm getting electrocuted. I can feel it all over my body. Here." She moves Chaewon's hand up to her heart and Chaewon feels the frantic heartbeat matching her own.

"You're not in love, Yunjin," Chaewon deadpans, "You're drunk."

"I'm in love with you," Yunjin insists. Chaewon moves her hand off Yunjin's chest, ducking her head to hide her embarrassment.

"What is it?" Yunjin asks softly, "You don't like me anymore?"

Chaewon sighs, "I just don't understand why you're telling me all these sweet things when you don't even want to be with me. All it does is make me feel worse."

"I do want to be with you," Yunjin insists, "I do, more than anything. But it's like the first rule of being an idol that you're not allowed to date, much less someone of the same gender."

"Since when do you care about the rules for being an idol?" Chaewon mutters.

"I'm just trying to do what's best for you."

"But why do you get to decide what's best for me?" Chaewon snaps. Yunjin shrinks back and Chaewon feels a twinge of guilt.

"I'm sorry, I don't mean to get upset," She gathers her knees to her chest, looking down so she doesn't have to meet Yunjin's eyes, "It's just that I like you so much it's driving me crazy. All I want is to be with you. I don't care about having to hide it, I don't care if no one else in the world knows except the two of us. I just want you to be mine. I know you don't owe it to me to date me just because I like you, but I promise I'll take good care of you if you let me."

It takes Chaewon a while to build up the courage to look up and when she does Yunjin's face is inches from hers. Chaewon's heart spasms in her chest, knowing exactly what Yunjin has on her mind from the way her eyes keep flickering down to Chaewon's lips.