truth or watermelon

An aggressive knock on her bedroom door worsens Chaewon's throbbing headache. She groans into her pillow, then takes a moment to put on her leader voice.
"What is it?" She says as sweetly as she can muster.

"Pupu!"

It's Yunjin. She should have been able to tell from the sheer volume of the knock, but if that's not enough there's her best friend's unnecessarily loud speaking voice and that annoying nickname. Pupu . Whatever happened to cute nicknames like Chaewonnie?

"Pupu, come out!" Yunjin shouts, pounding on the door again, "Manchae wants to play a game!"

Chaewon ignores her because every word out of Yunjin's mouth is echoing around her head like a pinball machine. Why is her friend so damn loud?

"Kkura and Zuha are here!" Yunjin adds. Chaewon surmises that the other girl isn't planning to give up anytime soon.

"Come in," She calls, and the door opens revealing Jennifer Huh in a tank top and boxers. She insists this is what passes for pajamas in America, but Chaewon's not quite sure.

"Come on," Yunjin crosses over to the bed where Chaewon is sprawled, "We're all hanging out."

"I can't," Chaewon murmurs, "Headache."

Yunjin reaches out a hand to brush Chaewon's bangs out of her face. It's only when her bangs don't cooperate that Chaewon realizes how sweaty she is. Yunjin seems to realize too and kneels on the floor so the two girls are face to face.

"I don't want you locked in here suffering alone," Yunjin's eyes search Chaewon's for a hint at why she's sick and sweaty and moody, "Come on out. We won't be too loud, I promise."

Chaewon knows not being loud isn't even an option for her members. Still, she offers her hand to Yunjin who helps pull her out of bed. Chaewon's surprised at the gentleness with which Yunjin handles her. The younger girl usually has more energy than she knows what to do with it, and most of it goes into slapping and shoving Chaewon whenever Yunjin erupts into one of her laughing fits. Now, though, Yunjin is smoothing Chaewon's hair and straightening her pajamas with a touch as light as a feather. With Yunjin fussing over her like this, Chaewon suddenly feels awkward. She turns away and heads out into the common area of the dorm.

Just as Yunjin promised, the other members are already there. Sakura and Kazuha are cuddling on the couch while Eunchae sits on the floor. Yunjin takes the last spot on the couch and Chaewon frowns.

"You beg me to come out and make me sit on the floor?" She jokes. Yunjin pats her lap and there's that awkward feeling again. Chaewon has been standoffish for the past few days, but she didn't expect to be so uncomfortable around her members after just a few days not interacting with them at every moment. She sits on Yunjin's lap and tries to relax, leaning her head back on Yunjin's shoulder and feeling the other girl's arms wrap around her waist.

She glances up at Yunjin and sees the other girl eyeing her with a weird expression.

"Are you uncomfortable?" Yunjin asks softly. Chaewon shakes her head. She doesn't see this side of Yunjin a lot. The Yunjin who is capable of speaking below a shout. The Yunjin that moves her head ever so slightly so Chaewon can find a more comfortable spot in the crook of her neck even though Chaewon said she was fine.

Eunchae claps her hands, wearing the huge smile that means she's about to say something cute or stupid. "Let's play truth or dare," Eunchae suggests. The other members groan because, of course, the rest of them are out of high school.

"Come on," Eunchae complains, "It'll be fun. Or, let's play truth or watermelon."

"Truth or watermelon?" Kazuha repeats.