5. Sunshine

Roose liked Rieka's laugh. She was beautiful and smart and sexy. 

He knew what Walder Frey was asking, what he wanted in return for his help. A wife, his daughter would marry Roose. But looking at Rieka now, that laugh so full and glorious, Roose couldnt look away. It made him reconsider what he was going to do.

 It made him reconsider what he was going to do

But he was no ones lackey. 

"You have such a beautiful smile, Lady Rieka." Roose remarked.  She couldnt stop her laughter as she looked to Roose. 

"Robbie is hilarious." Rieka declared, Robb rolled his eyes. 

"I wasnt trying to be." Robb corrected. Rieka continued to laugh. "Stop it, giggle bug!" Robb declared picking her up around the waist and walking her around the camp. 

Avalon and Grey wind jumped around chasing after them. Avalon yipped at Rieka's feet until Robb put her back down. 

"You have a lovely daughter." Roose remarked. 

"I do." Catelyn agreed. "She can be trouble though." 

"The best ones usually are." Roose agreed. 

"It's nice to see them smiling again." Catelyn added softly. "I know with everything going on it seems silly to smile but-"

"She is light in a darkened place." Roose agreed. 

"Exactly." Catelyn agreed, she glanced back at Roose. "She is fond of you." Roose glanced back at Catelyn. "I'm surprised honestly, she never liked authoritative figures." Roose chuckled. 

"She doesnt treat me like authority." Roose assured. 

"If... if something happens, will you look out for Rieka?" Catelyn requested and for a moment Roose thought she knew. 

"Nothing is going to happen, its a wedding." Roose corrected. 

"Life is... unexpected." Catelyn countered. 

"I will look out for RIeka." Roose agreed. 

The fire crackled before them, Rieka stabbed a long stick into the fire, watching the embers shoot up. Roose sat down beside her, wrapping his cloak around her. Rieka smiled tugging the cloak tighter around her. 

Avalon lay curled up beside Grey wind, sharing warmth. Roose scooted closer to Rieka their legs brushing, she met his gaze for a long moment. 

"I dont think you should go to the wedding." Roose remarked. 

"Why not?" Rieka questioned. 

"Odds are Walder will try and bargain for you to marry one of his sons." Roose offered. "He will see your beautiful face and change his requirements for his assistance." 

"You think?"

"I think he is a proud man and is going to be very upset with your brother" Roose agreed. 

"Will you look out for my family?" Rieka questioned. "Protect Robb?"

"I will do what needs to be done." Roose answered instead, Rieka nodded thinking the best while Roose's mind raced through the worst. "So you will... stay away from the twins?"

"If you think he is going to marry me off, I dont want one of his ugly kids." Rieka admitted bluntly. "I will think on it, talk to Robb."

"Good idea." Roose agreed. "It would just be a shame to let someone as special as yourself be sold off to a Frey." Rieka blushed, glad for the darkness to cover it. 

"How come you never married?" Rieka questioned. 

"I never found the right person." Roose answered. 

"Most are forced to marry sooner or later." 

"Later it is for me." Roose agreed thinking of his own union to be to Frey's daughter. He was dreading that. 

"You think she is out there?"

"You have anyone in mind for me?" Roose countered, Rieka bit her lip. HIs gaze flickered to her lips and back to her eyes. 

"No." She answered slowly. 

"No? Are you sure? You hesitated." Roose countered. Rieka chuckled and Roose mirrored her.  

"I should probably get some rest," Rieka realized. "Big day tomorrow either way." 

"Yes." Roose agreed getting up with her. He walked her back to her tent she hesitated at the door flap. 

"Robb found like in the most miserable of places," Rieka remarked. "Who is to say your dream girl isnt right here too?" 

"Maybe she is..." Roose agreed. "maybe I'm looking right at her."