9. Pitch B!tch

Jamie notices Bunny and looks confused. "That's the Easter Bunny?" He asks.

"Now somebody sees me! I mean, where were you an hour ago, mate?" Bunnymund asks rhetorically.

"What happened to him? He used to be huge and cool! And now he's cute." Jamie says as he gently pets Bunnymund under his chin. Bunnymund began involuntarily thumping his paw.

"Oh, that's good." Bunnund stops and pushes Jamie's hands away. He faces Jack and angrily accuses him, "Did you tell him to say that? That's it! Let's go! Me and you! Come on!"

"No! Actually he told me you were real. Just when I started to think that maybe you weren't." Jamie corrects, making Bunnymund pause.

"He made you believe? In me?" Bunnymund asks in disbelieve.

Silence takes over the group as Bunnymund gives Jack a theneful look. Thunder sounds out from arpundus and we look up to see Pitch.

Jack immediately takes lead, "Get Jamie out of here."

"Be careful, Jack!" North shouts as Jack leaps into the air.

We head out to find some shelter, away from Pitch. My head is still trying to rap itself around my death in a mere twenty minutes.

North struggles to keep up, so I hurry to help him walk. Bunnymund  shouts at us, "Quick, this way, this way!"

Bunny led us down an alley, but it's a dead end. "Dead end! Other way, other way!" Bunny realizes. We go to turn around, but Jack comes crashing down right infront of us. We all winced at that, but then rush over to Jack.

North tries to be jolly, "That was good try, Jack! A for effort!"

Jack groans in pain as he says, "He's stronger. I can't beat him."

We all share looks of concern. Then, a menacing chuckle is heard from around us. We watch carefully as Night-mares streak across the sky.

"All this fuss over one little boy. And still he refuses to stop believing." We hear pitch. Then a crack of thunder shows a night-mare approaching, its hooves make echoes surround

I move to stand in front of everyone, still having the most power even if I lost some of it. Pitch's voice sounds from somewhere, "Very well. There are other ways to snuff out a light."

Lighbulbs start bursting as an arm of Pitches shadow stretched to each light. Causing terror from behind me, I can feel their suffering.

"If you want him, you're gonna have to go through me!" Bunny tries to be threatening. But the shadow just raises a dinger and glides along the floor, curling around the back of Bunny.

Pitch laughs genuinely, "Look how fluffy you are! Would you like a scratch behind the ears?" Bunny jumps back into North's arms, scared.

"Don't you even think about it!" He shouts. Pitch comes out of the shadows, riding some beast. A demonically gleeful smile atop his face.

"I can't tell you how happy it makes me to see you all like this. You look awful." Pitch says happily. Then he notices me. "And who is this?" He asked.

"None of your fucking business Pitch-Bitch." I say. I heard Bunny's laughter from behind me. My smirk was wide as ever.

We surround Jamie, still going to protect him from whatever may come. "Jack, I'm scared." Jamie says to Jack.

"We're gonnna have a little fun, instead. That's it. That's my center!" Jack suddenly responds.

Pitch gets closer, so I say, "Whatever your thinking, hurry it up!"

"So what do you think, Jamie? Do you believe in the Boogiema..." Pitch is interrupted by a snowball to the face. Two Nightmares look at each, unsure how to react. Jamie can't help but snicker and North lets out a chuckle. I'm laughing my ass off.

"Now let's go get your friends." Jack says.

I climb onto a garbage lid as we slide down the streets on some Ice made by Jack.

North bellows put as we pass a certain house, "Merry Christmas!"

The twins open their window, amazed to see their heroes sled past. "Happy Easter!" Bunny cheers.

"Don't forget to floss!" Tooth adds.

"Happy Living!" I jokingly say, knowing they still cannot see me as their eyes go around me. Caleb looks to his brother, dumbfounded.

"Cupcake?" One of the boys asks as a girl flies past me on her own

"Yeah!" A boy shouts gleefully.

"Jamie you were right!" A girl says.

"The Easter Bunny's real!" A boy shouts.

"And the Tooth Fairy!" A girl says.

"And Santa!" Another boy adds.

"They're all real!" A third boy concludes.

We all come to gliding halt on some random street. Pitch is on top of a building, staring with a confident smile, as the clouds behind him grow angry.

I check my hourglass, five minutes. A little boy runs through me and to the front, "Whoa, yeaaaaaaaah!!!" He spots Pitch and turns around, screaming, and going through me yet again.

"You think a few children can help you? Against this!" Pitch motions to the night-mare sandstorm in the sky.

North draws his sword, but the weight of the blade pulls him down, he can barely stand on his own. Jack and I move to North's side as we look back to Jamie, noticing the concern on his face.

"They're just bad dreams, Jamie." Jack reassures him.

"And we'll protect you, mate." Bunny adds.

"Aww, you'll protect them. But who will protect you?" Pitch asks mockingly.

I look down in shock to see Jamie in front of us saying, "I will."  His friends follow suite and make us feel proud.

North uses his swords as walking sticks, me and Jack prep our weapons.

Once Pitch sees my scythe he asks, "Brother Grimm, is that really you?" He laughs, "You've gone weak."

"Yeah, but atleast I'm believed in." I spit back, even though that was a blatant lie.

"Still think there's no such thing as the boogeyman?" Pitch snarles at the kids and sends a wave of nightmare monstrosities.

Jamie bravely says, "I do believe in you. I'm just not afraid of you." He then thrusts out his hand toward the Nightmare wave. His friends follow suite, just as the Nightmare sand crashes into them. As it makes contact, the black sand bursts into streams of golden sand.

I freeze in my spot. Sandy?

I hear sand falling, I check the hourglass. I've less than a minute remaining. I look at the others and see a bigger night-mare headed our way from behind. I glance at the hourglass one last time. 30 seconds.

I sprint towards the night-mare and swing my scythe at it, it dodges and then rams into me, knocking me to the ground. I see something soaring through the sky. It's an arrow made of Nightmare sand.

The same kind used to kill sandy. It pierces through my body, and I can feel my life draining from me. I look up at the moon and whisper, "Goodbye."

Then everything goes black and I'm surrounded by nothingness. Because there is no Grimm to let me rest peacefully, not yet anyway.