Ella and Phoenix

As Phoenix waited for Ella outside the barn so she could take her around, she checked the tack on her horse. Her name was EmeraldFire. Or Emmy for short. Once his tack (Yes. Emmy is a boy) was all checked and secure, Phoenix mounted into the saddle and turned to face Ella.
"So what are we going to do today?" Ella asked. Phoenix gave her a weird look, knowing that Ella said they were going into town.
"What about the town?" She asked "Like you suggested earlier?" She asked her again for what seemed like the third time since she got here. Phoenix sighed heavily. Ella apologized, and offered she was side tracked by a few things. Which Phoenix actually agreed with, there was a lot going on to be honest.
"Right. Shall we head off then?" Ella asked her. Phoenix nodded happily, and they walked over to the gates, talking like normal.
Ella stopped Phoenix in mid-sentence and shouted "I'll race you!" And gave a whoop as she urged Star into a gallop. Phoenix laughed, and followed her down the street, around a few fences, and into the town. They both laughed and joked around with each other as they got there and walked around.
"But you looked so pissed when I stopped you in mid sentence. Hilarious." Ella told her, offering a joking pole in the side. "Haha. Very funny, Ella. But that was pretty fun." Phoenix admitted. "Do you do that with everybody?" She asked her as they stopped outside on of the shops. "No. You're actually the first person I've done it with besides my parents." Ella admitted quietly. Phoenix nodded, looking at the sadder expression on her face. They browsed a couple of the stores, until it became dark out once they finished with another store.
"Oh!" Ella exclaimed as she stepped outside with bags in her hands. "We should probably get going. I have to get home anyways. But I'll help you with the bags if you'd like." She offered to Phoenix. "Oh no, that's fine. I've done this a couple hundred times. You go on home, and I'll call you in the morning or something. Sound good?" She explained "Sounds good. I hope you like your new things." Ella said looking at the bags she had, after getting back on Star. "Well I hope you have a great night Phoe. Call you tomorrow." She smiled then rode off in the other direction that Phoenix was probably going. "You too! Thank you, again!" Phoenix called out to her. She placed the bags on Emmy's back, and grabbed her reins, and lead her up the hills, to her house.