Chapter 3: A Split Life

They both laugh heartily, problem is I don't know if they are laughing at me or with me, should I be scared ? Maybe I took things too far, asking two deadly creatures to be with me ? Whilst I was born a little stronger than everyone else, these were full fledged monsters you heard about in myths, they could throw me around like I was nothing. I started slowly backing away to the door, still facing them, they immediately noticed my frightened exression. Silas leaped, wedging himself between me and the door « You're a little spit fire aren't you, didn't think you would actually choose both of us, no other human has before. For  your information, me and Salome are friend, we would never date each other.» he murmured into my ear. From the couch, Salome said that they woud think about it, about dating  me separately and come back to me with an answer, they needed time to process as neither of them was very fond of sharing.

When I got out of the loft, my heart was beating fast, I didn't know if itw as from fear or excitement at the prospect of having both of them to myself. The days waiting for their decision were excrutiatng and boring, hunting didn't give me the same thrill now that another world opened up to me.

Fortunately, I didn't have to wait too long it seemed as Silas had showed up at my door in the middle of the night. He sat across from me, looking majestic, sipping on brandy, telling me they had reached the decision to share me for exactly 3 months, after that I had to decide who I wanted to be with the most. Three months seemed both too long and too short, but I couldn't object, I already got more than I could've possibly hope for. Upon hearing this decision, I wanted to go straight to Salome to finish what we started. As I turned trying to get out of my chair, Silas pulled my chair dangerously close to him with one hand, up close he smelled like rain and blood, an enticing combinaison. In my ear he whispered « At night, you're only mine » that sent a shiver down my spine. Spending all my nights with a vampire seemed dangerous and yet so alluring.

He asked me to get dressed as we were going somewhere refusing to give me any indication of where it was we were heading. As this was my first night with him, I thought a black slip dress was the most appropriate attire, I paired it with some chunky boots in case we got up to no good. We hoped into his car and headed straight for a magnificent property surrounded by a large garden. When I sawi t, I thought we came for a romantic first night, it turned out to be a much better and more satisfying first date.

After he parked the car at the edge of the property, Silas pulled me into and swiftly jumped, higher than I've seen anyone jump, onto the first floor balcony. We He pushed me against the wall and motionned for me to stay quiet, I could hear the TV playing inside and a man moaning. We both poked our heads, to see a man masturbating in the dark, his features clearly illuminated by the moon. When I turned my head, curious, to look at what porn he was watching, I was disgusted and filled with rage. That same man was on the scree raping a visibly distressed little boy that couldn't have been older than 6 years old.

Silas whispered in my ear « Let's kill him, love » and I never felt so ready in my life. Silas flew into the window like a bat from hell, me following closely after, the man was startled and fumbled to turn off the tv and turn on the light. As I didn't know we would be hunting tonight, I didn't bring any weapons with me, Silas grabbed the man by the throat and held him up high, turned to me and said « It's always best to use their own household against them as weapons, really cranks up the fear for some reason. How about you go look for something that can be used as weapon while I tie him up ? ».

I did just that, bringing an array of knifes, glasses and chemicals back to the room where Silas had tied that disgusting pedophile. We must've spent hours at that residence torturing him, because after we killed him, the sun was starting to rise. We quickly cleaned everything up and burried him in his own backyard.

I had never felt so righteous and so drunk on power, this weirdly arroused me and I couldn't wait to get to some private place to show Silas how much I appreciated him planning this lovely date. As I was imagining how this man could throw me around the room effortlessly, he pulled up to a taqueria and ordered us both biria tacos. I didn't even know they opened this soon !

We headed back to my place where we absolutely devoured the meal, it was divine. As we settled into my bed, he caressed my face, I could feel his hot breath on me « You must've been feeling really pumped up on adrenaline, but since this was your first time killing like this, I'm really worried you'll crash. So how about we keep this date sweet ? I wouldn't want to take advantage of you when you're vulnerable. If you don't mind, I'd like to hold you and play with your hair until you fall asleep ».

He was very considerate unlike how he looked, this turn of events surprised me but it wasn't unpleasant. He was very comfortable and he smelled good, so I didn't mind cuddling up to him like this, I felt quite safe. I could just stay like this for a few moments, then I can show him how much I appreciate him being so protective of me, I thought to myself as I drifted off to sleep.