Chapter 8: Is it the Beginning or the End?

We got down to business, starting with purchasing a domain name, linked to an email adress separate from our actual ones. We set out on purchasing equipment and renting out a space, it was way easier than I thought thanks to Salome's Youtube experience.

We moved forward without a hitch and right now we were about to record our first episode.

We had decided on talking about my very first kill with Silas, Salome would be handling the recipe portion, our very first recipe being a Feta and Lamb burger with a side of Onion Bhajis. It would be recorded in ASMR style, with my masked voice narrating the instructions. We would then eat and get into the nitty gritty of the murder.

For a few months, that worked very well, our podcast was becoming increasingly popular. It seemed like both Silas and Salome had forgotten about the relationship deadline, it passed without discussion. I couldn't fault them though, the work was taking most of our energy.

Before this happened, I was leaning slightly towards Salome as my choice, don't get me wrong, Silas was phenomenal, but I was starting to get tired of murder and wanted to live a calmer life, full of sunshine and laughter. I didn't think Silas would've been up for that, so despite our strong and almost animalistic connection, I was thinking of not picking him.

This podcast though, showed me another side of him, the murders slowed down and I finally felt like I could breathe easier without the pressure of killing so often. This work allowed some hope to start blossoming as I imagined it would bring us closer and might facilitate the throuple I wanted. Maybe I wouldn't have to ditch anyone after all.

One morning, both Silas and Salome texted to ask me to have brunch with them as they had been thinking about something and wanted to get my opinion on it.

My heart felt like it was gonna leap out of my chest as I was getting dressed. They texted to say they were waiting for me downstairs so I rushed to the elevator. Just as I got in, my phone dinged.

I had received an email from an adress In didn't recognize. I opened to find an entire case file about victim n°7 Paul Jensky, a pedophile we had killed. The case file consisted of several pages that I skimmed through, but the gist of it was that he wasn't a pedophile, the photos I had seen, which we didn't publicize so I had no idea how this person got their hands on them, were doctored.

In short, not only was the veil of anonymity lifted abruptly, they had compiled evidence that the man I had murdered was innocent.