Chapter 10

The goblins turned to me with a smile and waved at me. 

     Shocked, I could only manage to wave at them by lifting up my arm half an inch. I could not believe what I was looking at. Two goblins, actual goblins walking around. Father acting as if this was a daily occurrence for him made me wonder if it was.

     As they turned back to their cleaning supplies, they must have realized something about me because they turned back with shocked faces, as shocked as I was to see them. They turned to father who was looking at me, still with a huge grin. Looking back at father and I, waiting for an answer but not getting one, they quickly bowed to me and walked to the crime scene. Grabbing a mop and cleaning up the blood in one long swipe. 

     It amazed me seeing these two creatures and the mop being so efficient at cleaning. Looking back at father, he had not paid attention to those two goblins, looking only at me with such admiration. Something I had never seen before, not with my great accomplishments.

     "Now your questions! Let's hear them and I'll answer truthfully," he exclaimed, seemingly moving away from the two very obvious subjects.

     I began shaking my head and moving my finger side to side as I did so, "No, we are not moving away from me seeing two goblins who I thought existed only in fairytales! You are not changing the subject on me!" I was basically changing the subject myself; having waited ten years for the truth to come out, but goblins being more important to me.

     He looked appalled and offended by my remark, "I am not moving away from the situation, I am simply putting it aside to answer it all at the same time."

     Looking back at the goblins, who had now removed all the blood from the scene and were now spraying the room with a mist that had no smell. It began to reveal fingerprints of what seemed to only be mine as they existed only where I had touched. They grabbed a duster and began cleaning the fingerprints off. The duster made the fingerprints disappear, like magic, one swipe and my prints were completely gone. Ignoring the fact that that was scientifically impossible, I turned back to father, "Alright then. Explain everything, starting from me being conceived 'till now."

     Father nodded and began what would be the longest but most anticipated explanation ever. "Like I said, twenty-years ago I decided to have a kid. With the support of everyone who worked for me, I began to wonder how I would have you. With the help of two of my workers we were able to figure out the best way to have you without me having to impregnate anyone. 

     "We found your mother who had been in an abusive relationship with Liam for a few months and I decided that she would be the perfect mother for you. She was kind, caring, respectful, and I just knew she would make the perfect mother. She had everything that I wanted you to be raised in. 

     "The amazing thing was that Liam and she had been trying to get pregnant for a week or so and it was perfect. Having you in her womb would cause no suspicion between the two. One of my two workers snuck in and placed you in your mother's womb."

     I stopped father, questioning, "How? How could they place me in mom's womb without having sex or..." I began to think of other ways people could get pregnant, "Was I artificially inseminated?" 

     Father nodded, "Skillful work by my worker to do that without your mom noticing. I applauded him that very day for how he worked the pregnancy thing out.

     "Well, from then on you already know what happened. Now for the reason I wasn't in your life was because you were an experiment. Being raised by humans to see if you still grew up to be like my workers."

      My eyes closed and my head shook a bit, surprised by this statement, "What do you mean 'raised by humans' and 'grew up to be like' your 'workers??'"