1

The morning sun illuminated the trees in a restricted area of the zoo in Jakarta. A large fence with a warning sign prohibited visitors from entering that place. There was one paved road for vehicles while mown grass covered the rest.

To the south, there were three meters in height and two meters wide iron cages. There were faucets installed in each corner and connected to a tiger exhibit.

All those cages were empty except for one.

Several officers in green uniforms and black boots with tense expressions stood around to watch two Sumatran tigers standing face to face. Fear flashed in her yellow eyes as the larger of the two, a male, roared.

However, in the blink of an eye, one of the officers shouted with a pale expression, "The tiger is going berserk!"

Other officers turned four water faucets to the maximum before lifting hoses to spray high-pressure water into the giant metal cage in front of them while the male tiger attacked his mate.

Unfortunately, the male tiger ignored them, focusing on his partner. He lunged, causing the tigress to hit the cage's side and collapse.

"It's not enough! Increase the water pressure!" ordered the first man. He continued splashing the face of the male Sumatran tiger while the beast attempted to bite the neck of the female tiger.

"I can't turn the faucet up any more than this!" replied the officer standing near the faucet.

The orange-black beast took a few steps back as water entered his nostrils. However, he dashed back to lunge when the female tiger tried to get up.

"Spray Bowo's face!" shouted another as the officers attempted to separate the tigers.

The officers attempted to separate the tigers. Unaware of the presence of a slender woman dressed in a bright casual blouse and black trousers, they continued with their efforts. She rushed toward the cage, her short black ponytail wagging wildly.

Her youthful face appeared to be around twenty-nine or possibly even younger. Fearlessly, she aimed a stun gun between the iron bars and shot the male tiger, taking advantage of the distraction caused by the water spray.

Bowo roared in pain, his massive frame wobbling before collapsing near his mate. Undeterred, the woman fired another stun bullet, incapacitating the other tiger.

"Doctor Angelina!" the men cried out, their relief evident.

They lowered their hoses, making the stream of water drench the grassy ground and wet their shoes.

Angelina snorted with annoyance. She glared as she turned around to face the four officers in front of her with arms akimbo.

"I've been telling you, I yanked out Bowo's teeth yesterday! He ain't in the mood for no mating!"

"They seemed okay this morning, Doc. Bunga had been in heat since yesterday. Bowo also didn't seem to—" Mukti's words trailed off as Angelina shot him a look of disapproval, narrowing her pupils. "Sorry, Doc."

Angelina grunted while examining the sedated tigers. "Did they already mate?"

"They did, Doc, but Bowo became aggressive after they finished," Mukti explained.

The water from the hose that had soaked the black sneakers worn by Angelina ceased as one of the officers took the initiative to turn off the faucet. However, the doctor remained unaware, lost in her thoughts as she tried to calculate.

While pregnancy is possible, we can only reveal the outcome in several weeks. I hope Bunga will be fine.

Angelina sighed. Never mind, their intentions are good, just a bit hasty.