11

"There was a slight blood stain, but the stitches had almost completely healed," Angelina reported when she, Fonda, and Nixon were in the elevator. "There was no pus, fluid, or swelling."

"Hmm." Fonda copied Angelina's words into the file the woman was carrying. "How long does the anesthetic last until the patient regains consciousness?"

"Doctor Angelina does not administer anesthesia," Nixon interrupted. "Doctor Fonda, you should have seen it for yourself. He was acting like a house cat."

"Mr. Nixon! Stop insulting—"

"Training Floor." The voice of a female robot sounded as the door opened.

Fonda reiterated in a flat tone, "No anesthesia," as she composed the report. She closed the file and looked disinterested before walking out, followed by Angelina and Nixon.

With the building structure resembling glasses from the top view, Angelina had guessed that two hallways from left and right would greet them with a CCTV on the ceiling on each side. Her eyes caught a flurry of activity in the left hallway.

An artificial wall suddenly opened. From there came out a woman of about fifty years old. She hugged a file, escorted by a bodyguard in the same uniform as Nixon. They walked hurriedly away from the elevator where Angelina was.

"That's where the researchers are," Fonda explained, gesturing as she walked toward the right aisle. "Come on; we don't have much time." "Come on. We don't have much time."

Angelina followed her partner without comment. The group then walked for about ten minutes until they reached a dead end.

Fonda placed her fingerprints on a light switch-like device. The wall resembling an artificial spaceship door lifted and closed automatically when they entered the room.

Angelina caught her breath when she saw the interior of the semi-circular room they were currently in.

How cool!

It was as if she had been transported several hundred years into the future and surrounded by various advanced machines.

"Good afternoon, Doctors," greeted a forty-year-old Caucasian woman with a foreign accent. From her lab coat and thick glasses, Angelina could already guess that the woman was one of the researchers.

The researcher stood in front of a giant tube, similar to Doctor Reiner's, and was busy fiddling with the panels and red buttons on the machine's board in front of her.

Six black swivel stools were scattered around the room, where a giant 32-inch screen was attached to the ceiling and displayed the conditions inside the dome, which was currently in darkness.

Fonda introduced them, saying, "Ms. Galina, this is Doctor Angelina, my replacement. Inyiak will be her responsibility."

"As you wish, Doctor," Ms. Galina responded, offering a brief smile to Angelina, who stood beside Fonda.

Turning her attention to the colossal tube before them, the woman in the lab coat inquired, "So, what is your request?" Ms. Galina's hands moved to the keyboard on the computer and accessed a secret password-locked application.

Doctor Fonda selected a chair and sat down. She paused to think while crossing her legs.

"India."

"Your wish is my command."

India? Are we going to India or watching an Indian movie?

Angelina's brow furrowed in confusion. However, she kept silent and decided to sit down. She glanced at Nixon and Ms. Galina's bodyguards. They stood to the right and left of the entrance.