8

Should I use a blowgun now? Angelina squatted, facing her patient while searching for the best position to shoot a tranquilizer dart into his shoulder.

However, Ramaik stared at her with an unreadable look, making her gulp. Cold sweat ran down her back. Even though the woman had handled various wild animals, trepidation still dominated her feelings.

"Be brave," Fonda said with sparkling eyes as if amused to watch the scene before her. "He never hurt a female."

Angelina looked at the tiger man with skepticism. Although he seemed harmless and injured, Ramaik was indeed a strange figure.

Fonda stood on the side of the wall near the grate door. She put her thumb on a small machine similar to a light switch. The sound of metal clashed as the red glow of the mini lamp on the handle of the metal door changed green.

Angelina furrowed her brow in confusion. Will we take Ramaik to the operating table? But where was the wheelchair? It will be more effective if Nixon help us. After all, that man was much stronger than the power of two women.

"Get in," Fonda ordered her partner.

"What?" Angelina widened her eyes in shock. Did that crazy woman want to lock her in there? With that strange creature?

"Get in, or I'll shoot you."

Angelina gasped when she saw a small gun pointed at her stomach. "W-what does that mean?"

Fonda jerked her head towards the open bars. "This method is more effective. I will let you out after you give him treatment. However, I will shoot if you are still here within ten seconds."

Angelina screeched in terror and darted into the cage, carrying all the medical supplies right when the mentally ill woman shot a bullet that dashed inches away from her left arm.

Angelina inhaled the scent of gunpowder mixed with faint blood. Her eyes tried to find where the bullet had lodged when the sound of metal closing startled her.

"Why did you lock it? Open it!" exclaimed her in terror. Angelina put the items in her hands onto the floor and tried to push the barred door with all her might. I hadn't even drugged the creature yet!

Angelina remembered when Bowo beat his partner in the cage and made her heart race. I'm going to be dead in a matter of seconds. "Open this door!"

"Silence!" scolded Fonda with a glare of annoyance. "This is just standard procedure, so we can prevent the beast from escaping."

Fonda inserted her gun in her pocket. She walked to the closet to grab a file before sitting on a plastic chair with her legs crossed. "Hurry up and finish your work."

"B—but he still awake!" Angelina squealed in frustration. She turned her head towards Ramaik. That creature was still watching her with his stomach pressed against the floor.

Angelina got goosebumps. She looked back at Fonda and whispered, "This is not the proper procedure for conducting an examination."

"So, it would be better for you to sedate him instead of screaming like a madwoman, right?" Angelina summoned her common sense to action as she listened to the mockery.

Angelina remembered if she had put the blowpipe containing the anesthetic needle in the medicine box she was carrying.

Therefore, she used her left foot at ease to move the object closer before kneeling.

Nonetheless, she kept eye contact with her patient, although he idled from his position.

Angelina ruffled the inside of the box for a few moments until she got the object she needed. Gulping, she realized she needed to determine the optimal position since veterinarians could only target their patients' shoulders, forelegs, or paws.