10

Angelina was stunned in front of the cell. Her eyes lingered on the man inside it. He sat against the wall, his muscular body covered in a brown skin tone. However, an almost shoulder-length black bang concealed his face as he bowed.

Was he another object of experimentation?

"Mr. Nixon, w-where is the Inyiak?" Angelina whispered while the man raised his head and stared back at her.

"Doctor, you're looking at him," Nixon replied as he held laughter. "Have you studied the files that Doctor Fonda gave you?"

Angelina shut her mouth. Last night, she had only been able to read the first few pages of the file, so she had no idea that the Inyiak could transform back into a human.

"I missed that information," Angelina muttered, while the man in the bars seemed interested in their conversation. However, he watched them without saying anything.

"Doctor, can you start the examination? They scheduled this animal to train at ten in the morning."

Nixon's reprimand made Angelina flinch. She turned to him with a surprised expression. "What training?"

"Did Doctor Fonda forget to explain what you need to do?" Nixon asked back. "The beast is a fighting animal. You should maintain his health so we can perform him every Tuesday night."

Animal? Angelina glanced at Ramaik. However, the man's pair of black eyes showed no offense at all. Did he not understand our conversation?

Angelina remembered the collection of inhumane photos she had seen. Pity for Ramaik made the woman glare at Nixon.

Angelina moved closer to her bodyguard and whispered, "Mr. Nixon, can you stop saying that word? It's so inappropriate, especially since he can hear it."

However, a burst of laughter escaped the man's lips. "Doctor, you're very good at humor."

"I'm not joking!" Angelina hissed. She glanced into the cage before her worries multiplied. Had those crazy humans taken away Ramaik's intelligence?

"You're too sensitive," Nixon chuckled. He walked over to the closet, where Angelina had first taken the medical supplies, and grabbed an empty box before throwing it at the bars.

The loud thud startled Angelina, and she squealed in shock as the man inside the bars jumped toward them and roared.

Angelina paled when the transformation took place in front of her. Ramaik's eyeballs changed to yellow. The four fangs grew as the Sumatran tiger fur covered the back and arms. The figure roared and tried to claw at Nixon.

"See? He's an animal," Nixon explained casually. He approached Ramaik while that creature let out an angry roar.

Nixon raised his gun high before slamming the tip against the bars with a loud clang. "And we should treat him like an animal."

"Are you crazy?!" Angelina screamed while pushing Nixon away from the increasingly violent Ramaik. "Stop bothering him!"

Unfortunately, their energies were vastly different. Angelina's direct attack had no effect at all. Nixon was motionless and smiled wider. "Doctor, your actions can be categorized as sexual harassment."

"Oh my, you are so annoying!"

Angelina's shriek now replaced the angry roar. She stood with her back facing the cage and glared at Nixon. "If you don't want to help, you should stay away!"

"Doctor, I just wanted to help you see that animals aren't like people," Nixon complained, feigning disappointment. "That creature possesses a body like ours, but he's a beast. The last time, he snapped his opponent's neck in just a few minutes."