𝟎𝟎𝟗.

After a heartfelt talk with Gale and Sam, they made a plan. That's how Madison found herself walking, well limping, around campus, holding tightly onto Sam's hand whilst they waited for a call.

Madison thought the plan was ridiculous, but didn't say anything as the determination on Sam's face made it hard to protest.

"You should have stayed with the others." Sam looked at Tara. "Not gonna happen." Tara shook her head. "There's no point in all three of us putting ourselves at risk," Sam said, squeezing Madison's hand.

"I'm not. I'm your backup." Tara said smirking, Sam and Madison laughed slightly, despite their nerves. "Hey Sam, Madi- stay frosty out there." Sam and Madison nodded when they heard Kirby in their earpieces.

"We're good-" Sam said before she was interrupted by her phone call. Richie Kirsh, the caller ID rang. Sam took a deep breath before answering.

"You're gonna die, you know-" Sam spat as she answered the phone, being cut off by Ghostface. "No you're going to die, Samantha. Choking on your blood while I hack up your sister and your little girlfriend."

His words threw Sam, making her zone out. Madison noticed this and spoke up. "Unless we find you first,"

Madison spoke bitterly. "For masterminds, you're not very bright. Waiting for me to call, desperately hoping I'm nearby so the police can grab me." He said, making their head's snap around, checking their surroundings.

"But I'm not nearby. I'm a step ahead. Be seeing you, Samantha, Madison." He said before hanging up the phone.

"Did you get it?" Madison spoke to Kirby through her earpiece. "Yep. Geolocation coming through right now." Kirby said back to the brunette girl.

The skin on Madison's arms stood stall. Something didn't feel right.

"He's on the Upper West Side. He's inside an apartment building halfway across the city." Kirby said confused. "On West 96th?" Tara was quick to ask.

"How did you know that?" Kirby blinked, confused, even if they couldn't see her. Sam's stomach dropped when she realised. "Gale."

The three girls ran towards Wayne's police car, Madison biting her lip in pain. "Our friend Danny works on the Upper West Side, he could get there quicker," Madison said, going to pull out her phone when Sam nodded in agreement.

"Yeah or he could finish her off, it's possible he's the killer," Wayne spoke up, following behind the three.

The way the accusing words came out of his mouth was suspicious to the Meeks-Martin girl, but she was too focused on getting to Gale to overthink it.

"We have to get there now," Sam said, running slower than Tara so she could help her girlfriend.

Sam began to argue with Wayne whilst Madison caught her breath, they were interrupted by Tara. "Sam! Madi! Get in!" Tara said, sitting behind the wheel of Wayne's police car. The two lovers rain into the car, Sam helping Madison into the backseat, and sitting down next to her.

"Should we use the sirens?" Sam said with a smirk on her face. "Did you really think we were gonna steal a police car and not use the sirens?" Tara smirked back, turning on the sirens, completely ignoring Wayne's protests from outside the car.

When they made it to Gales's apartment, they noticed Ghostface about to stab her in the face. Madison grabbed the gun off the floor, aiming it at the killer. "Hey! Dick!" She yelled, shooting the gun three times, watching him run away.

She limped over to Sam and Tara, helping them apply pressure to her wounds.

"Gale..." Madison muttered, making Gale turn and smile at the brunette. "Hi, my sweet girl."

Gale and Madison were close when Madison was younger, since Madison was around Dewey all the time, she also got to spend time with Gale, obviously before she left the Riley man.

Madison and her mother's relationship was strained. Especially because Madison was a carbon copy of her uncle. Even though they looked nothing alike, anyone who knew Randy could agree that Madison was his niece.

Because of the strained relationship with her mother, Madison found herself at the Riley residence an awful lot. Not that Dewey or Gale minded. She was the daughter they always wanted.

Madison and Sam had tears in their eyes, Gale might've wronged them in their book, but they still loved her.

"I'm sorry, I- I should have known he'd come after you- I'm so sorry," Madison whispered, her hands shaking. "He didn't get me... Tell Sidney.. He never got me..." Gale trailed on before her eyes started to close, her grip on Madison's hand loosening.

"Hey. stay with us. Hey!" Madison began to tap her cheek, crying hysterically. "Gale!" The three girls shouted, all crying. EMTs ran into the room.

"Out of the way!" Tara had to drag Sam and Madi out of the way, letting them do their job. "Come on Gale," Madi muttered. "I've got a weak pulse- get the backboard we need to move now."

Everyone sat in the lobby, all praying for the Weather's woman. Madison's head was lying on Sam's shoulder whilst she played with her girlfriend's fingers, distracting herself.

Danny then walked in, hugging his best friend tightly. Madison pulled away from the hug when Danny started to speak.

"I got here as soon as I could." He said out of breath. "Did You?" Tara was suspicious.

"I'm scared. I don't want to get hurt again." Mindy said, making Madison's heartbreak again, she was supposed to protect them. "Neither do I," Chad said, lying his head on his sister's shoulder.

Tara sat up, nodding for Madison to sit by her younger siblings. She moved and sat next to Mindy, holding both their hands. "I don't want either of you getting hurt again," Madison said, kissing their heads.