𝟎𝟏𝟔.

Madison ran and climbed down the ladder as fast as she could, leaving her axe upstairs. She didn't care about being a hero anymore, she cared about saving the love of her life.

Sam had gotten up quietly, signalling for Madison and Tara to follow her.

Madison looked at Sam in shock when she handed her Stu Macher's mask and robe. "You're serious?" Madison shot her a deadpan look, not sure if her girlfriend was joking or not.

"Yes, put it on. We're not them, I promise you, but I think we should scare him before he gets what's coming to him." Sam said, kissing her girlfriend on the head, before putting Billy's robe on.

Once a plan had been set, Sam and Madison hid behind the stage, watching Bailey on the phone with Tara.

Wearing the costume felt foreign to her. She never thought she and Sam would be the ones behind the masks. But here she is.

She felt hot under the mask. She didn't know how people did it. But they were crazy so, she guessed they didn't care.

Wayne thought it was either Sam or Madison on the phone, by the way he looked so tense. Madison laughed at that, knowing it was Tara teasing him.

She knew the youngest Carpenter was having too much fun with the terror on his face.

"I'm a fucking police officer. How do you think this is gonna go? Who do you think they're gonna believe, huh?" Wayne yelled into the phone, his gun raised in the air. "Probably the one who's still alive." Madison and Sam spoke in sync, using the voice modulator.

They stepped out of their hiding places, raising their knives, repeatedly stabbing Wayne. They took their masks off, sending each other a small smile.

They both breathed heavily, going to raise their knives again, when Tara walked onto the stage, stopping them both. "My father was a murderer. No matter what you think, I'm better than that. So is Madison."

Wayne coughed, "Thank you." He assumed they were granting him mercy. Tara tilted her head at her sisters, making them both nod, turning to Wayne again. "

"But you did fuck with our family, so..." Madison spoke before they both stabbed him in his eyes, making him fall to the ground, spasming before dying. "Nice," Tara muttered, making them both thank her.

Madison immediately ripped off the robe, moving to sit on the steps, crying in both pain and sadness. Both the sisters joined her, sitting in silence for a second. Sam took Madison's hand in hers before Tara spoke.

"Thank you for letting me go." Tara smiled at her sister. "I knew you could take care of yourself." Sam smiled back.

"I want to be in your life, but only as much as you want me to be." Sam sat up straighter. "I want you to be. I promise you I'm gonna get so much therapy after this." All three girls laughed at her words.

"Yeah, me too," Madison whispered loud enough for them to hear, not speaking loudly because of how much pain her leg was in.

The adrenaline had worn off, meaning she could hear her heart beating loudly in her ears.

"We're gonna get through this, together. All three of us." They all smiled and nodded before they were rudely interrupted.

Ethan screamed, his mouth covered in blood. He went to charge at them, but before he could, the same TV that had previously fallen onto Stu Macher was pushed onto his head. His body twitched once before he went limp.

Dead.

Kirby came out from behind him, panting. "I saw that in a scary movie once." Madison chuckled at the woman before the doors were forced open by police.