Chapter 5: Kitty In The Sewers

Ladybug was on top of a building alone. It was her turn to patrol solo today. It had been days since she last saw Cat Noir. She needed to talk to him, find him, before it's too late, even if it already was.

She heard something coming from a sewer entrance. She looked down to see someone crawling down. The suit looked really bright, like white bright.

"I should call Cat Noir." Ladybug said to herself.

Of course she would regret it later, but hopefully they can talk during this investigation. It didn't take long for her to realize that Cat Noir wasn't going to answer her phone-like-yo-yo. Great. So she's got to do this alone. Well, she felt confident to handle this solo.

But she felt hurt that Cat Noir is still angry with her. Then again, just what exactly was she expecting? Yeah, this secret thing and secret identities, it's now starting to sound not so "safe" anymore.

...

Ladybug crawled through the sewer network. She stopped in the middle of a room where it looked like there were more tunnels.

"Lucky Charm!" she called out.

Suddenly, a huge web-looking net appeared, it went into all of the tunnels. She was quite surprised. Her Lucky Charm is certainly amazing. But then she remembered.

"Wait, won't this drain Tikki?" she asked herself, "Well, good thing I have some back up food."

Ladybug then de-transformed into Marinette. Mairinette saw Tikki hover in front of her. The two looked right and left as the girl took out some butter cookies she made before leaving the bakery.

"You're being a bit reckless, Marinette." Tikki whispered.

"We're fine, Tikki." Marinette defended.

"Alright. I'm hungry."

Tikki then took in the backup cookies Marinette had brought with her. It was a good thing that Marinette would plan like this. You'd never tell when something like this was going on. Marinette then transformed back into Ladybug.

...

Ladybug waited for a while. She just played on her phone to pass the time.

All of a sudden, Ladybug felt one of the strings move around. She then got up quickly and saw that they were going towards the tunnel they...entered?

"Weird..." said Ladybug to herself, "...perhaps they knew I was tracking them and circled around to confuse me?"

Ladybug crawled through the tunnel.

Suddenly, she heard the sound of something waving slowly behind her. She looked up slowly, and suddenly she saw some white figure falling on top of her. He pounced on her. He used his left hand to grab her by the throat. The other was slowly moving to her chest.

"S-Scrud!" Ladybug grunted.

Ladybug quickly grabbed him by the wrist, but this akuma was too strong. He both outweighed, by a mile. She then looked with frightened eyes that the akuma was...familiar. It was Cat Noir. But his suit...it was not right.

He looked almost close to nothing like Cat Noir. His entire look was plain white.

His Cat ring Miraculous wasn't silvery like it would be in its camouflaged form, not even the paw logo was there. His ounce silver claws have gone entirely dull and lightened. His bell had lost its shining gold color. His hair and ears were also the color of snow.