Chapter 11: End Of An Era

A lot has changed during the past couple of weeks since Hawk Moth's defeat. Marinette's friends have fully recovered, those hurt from the first encounter and up to the final showdown at the Eiffel Tower, but they suffered through amnesia.  So those who remembered about her being Ladybug, don't anymore.

Life's been feeling pretty lonely for Adrien in his mansion.  Nathalie was found out by him to have been working with his father and deeply apologized, willing to accept her punishment.  However, Adrien couldn't stand to lose the last of his family, so he kept her secret safe.

As Ladybug (of course), Marinette still patrolled Paris. Even though the worst of nightmares was finally and hopefully gone, Ladybug believed that it'd be nice to help people with the littlest of problems.

As for Cat Noir, he found her at their usual spot. She gave him back his Miraculous, but that's when things began to actually change.

"Cat Noir, what's wrong?" said Ladybug.

"Everything, Ladybug!" Cat Noir shouted in frustration, "Gabriel Agreste is Hawk Moth. Why would anything be okay about that?"

Ladybug placed a hand on his shoulder. She was upset with herself of course, he was her biggest inspiration, but why is Cat Noir so angry about this? It couldn't be that he had a personal connection to Gabriel.

"I was talking about you. Why are you so upset?" she asked.

"Why aren't you upset?" Cat Noir replied.

"I am, but Chat...look at me!"

Cat Noir then turned around. Ladybug then saw something that surprised her. He had tears in his eyes. He was even beginning to sob.

"Kitty...you're crying." Ladybug realized, "What's wrong?"

The superhero in black leather armor closed his eyes. He wanted to tell her, he just wished he could.

"I...I can't tell you." Cat Noir replied, tears running down his mask and cheeks, "I want to. Believe me, I do. But if I did, I would reveal myself. I'm so sorry. I wanted to be strong for you."

Ladybug sighed. She didn't understand. Just why would Cat Noir need to be strong for her? It still wasn't making sense. She knew that they can't, or really shouldn't know who each other are, but still, it wasn't sounding right.

"Cat Noir," she said, putting her hands to his cheeks, "Look at me. I know that it's extremely tough for you to handle,but you don't have to be strong. I can promise you that-"

Ladybug stopped. Cat Noir's sad face grew with a tint of confusion. Ladybug stares intensely at him. Something about his hair. She didn't know why, but it started to look familiar. Ladybug began to move one of Cat Noir's messy bangs and put it in a way that reminded her of...*him*. Cat Noir grabbed her hands by the wrists.

"My lady?" he started.

"A-Adrien...?" Ladybug said.

She then realized it. This all made sense. The upsetness, the pressure, and the pain. She brought her hand up to her mouth.

"Oh my God..." she started, her own tears coming out.

The two then hugged each other. Ladybug whimpered Adrien's name. Cat Noir, or Adrien, has been suffering so much now. His own father is Hawk Moth, the cause of Paris living in terror, everything.

She could hardly ever know how much pain this brought to Adrien, but she'd always remember this day for the rest of her life, because this was the day when Cat Noir cried the hardest.

Ladybug then suddenly took Cat Noir's face into her hands.

"I love you, Adrien." Ladybug whispered.

"I love you too, Marinette..." Cat Noir replied.

His Lady then brought him to the crook of her neck.  

"It's going to be okay, Kitty." she soothed, "That is a promis."

The End

________________________________________________________________________________

Thanks for Reading!