Chapter 10: True Friendship

Marinette groaned as she woke back up.  She was a mess.  Her jacket had a small cut on the right sleeve while the entire left sleeve looked like it was just ripped off.  The left side of her pink pants were torn by the rolled-up part, her left shoe also missing, exposing her slightly bruised foot.

She got up, wincing in pain.  Marinette turned to her left, seeing Cat Blanc standing far away from her.

"Ch-Chat..." she stammered silently.

His blue eyes have gone purple, the iris' missing the same going for his bell.  Marinette then suddenly turned to her left, seeing a knocked out scarlet Kwami with tears on her cheeks.

"T-Tikki?" asked Marinette.

She picked her up delicately.  No answer.  The Kwami wasn't answering.

"Oh my gosh..." Marinette whimpered.

She brought her hand up to her mouth, she could tell that Tikki was still breathing, but wasn't concious.  She then brought the little Kwami to her chest, sobbing.  It's all over.  Marinette thought.  She had failed.  Hawk Moth had won.

But then a suddenly feeling entered her heart.  No, I can't give up. Marinette thought again, Not now.  She then looked up.  She had to keep fighting.  Cat Noir could still be saved by Cat Blanc, but not by Ladybug, but by Marinette Dupain-Cheng.

Marinette laid Tikki down softly.  She then got up slowly.

"Stay safe, Tikki..." she said.

She then gripped her left arm in pain as she began to walk to her former partner.  She walked past by her friends, who all stare in confusion.

Hawk Moth laughed to himself at the pathedic random girl about to be destroeyd by his greatest akuma yet.  

"Destroy her." Hawk Moth ordered.

Cat Blanc and Marinette walked closer to each other.  Marinette's wearily eyes opened as the purple light from his eyes shined on her face.  Cat Blanc's cataclysm burned as Carapace held back Rena Rouge.  

All Queen Bee could do was just simply stare at the horror about to take place while Cat Blanc's hand reached out for Marinette.  She cupped him by the cheek.

"I'm so sorry, Chaton." she said.

Marinette then kissed him on the lips.  Cat Blanc immediately stopped his hand from touching the back of her head.  His pupils returned, tears streaming down his face.

"M-Marinette...?" he asked.

Marinette then brought a smile to her face.  More tears rolled down her own cheeks.

"Hey, Kitty..." she sobbed.

Hawk Moth could feel himself beginning to losing control.  He growled in frustration.  He landed behind his akuma.

"Smack her down, do as I command!" he demanded.

Cat Blanc did his best to disobey the order, forcing Hawk Moth to smack Marinette down himself.  The girl forced herself back up.  Cat Blanc began to walk towards her again.  He struggled to restrain himself.

"It wasn't your fault, bud..." Marinette whimpered, "...he...made you do it.  Please, Chat...come back to your Princess..."

Cat Blanc's eyes widened.  He then got down to his knees, screaming as he begged the akuma to get out of him.  And it did, it left his bell.  Cat Noir then collapsed, forcing Marinette to catch him.

"It's okay, Kitty..." she soothed, "...it's okay."

"But it won't be soon." said Hawk Moth, "Hand over your Miraculous, Cat Noir."

He then walked to the two.  Cat Noir then felt his energy coming back.  He forced himself back up, ignoring whatever pain he felt.  He readied his staff.

"Over...my...dead...body." he panted.

"That can be arranged." Hawk Moth growled.

Cat Noir was far too exhausted, but he must do this, for everyone.  He had to time everything right.  Hawk Moth was then ready to swing his can effortlessly, however, Cat Noir was able to parry it and hit his head.

Hawk Moth fell onto his back.  Cat Noir pinned him down and gripped the Butterfly Miraculous and ripped the brooch off of his vest.  The costume then disappeared, revealing...

"Gabriel Agreste...?!" Cat Noir said.

And tears finally fell from his cheeks.

________________________________________________________________________________

Thanks for Reading!