Chapter 8: A Late Night Visit

Marinette sat against the wall. The heroes were all brought back to their homes and were later taken to the hospital. They were in no condition to fight.   According to the doctors said, "whatever" hit them might cause some memory loss.

That'll mean that they might not remember some stuff.  Marinette began to panic slightly.  Will they forget that they're (part-time) Miraculous Holders?  Will they forget about Cat Blanc?  What's even weirder, Marinette didn't know whether to feel either frightened or relieved.  Part of her wanted to feel frightened.  This'll mean that everything could be set back to the way it was: Basically no one knew her identity as Ladybug.

The other part wanted her to feel relieved.  That'll mean that things might go the way they're (possibly) supposed to be: Cat Noir knowing her secrets.  After all, it made the most sense.  It was he who was by her side.  He's been with her since the beginning.  He deserved everything from her, the love part, perhaps, but either way, her Kitty deserved to know who she was first, not everyone else.

Had she told Cat Noir, he'd probably have at least prepared himself for the possible event.  How was Ladybug supposed to protect her partner if he didn't know what exactly she was protecting him from.

Well, either way, now, it was just her, Rena Rouge, Carapace, and Queen Bee, and that's all that there is left of the team at this point.

"I'm a failure, Tikki." said Marinette rather suddenly.

"No, you're not, Marinette!" Tikki protested.

"I've just let all of Paris down."

All the Kwamis began to hug Marinette again. They were refusing to allow Marinette to bad mouth herself like this.

"You can still do it." said Tikki, "We'll never give up on you."

Marinette felt them kiss her so cutely. She couldn't help but giggle. Those little kisses gave a small burst of hope within her. However, the beautiful moment was interrupted by a thud on her roof.

Marinette felt horror enter her once she ordered everyone to hide. They all got into the Miracle Box while Tikki hid in her purse.

"Hello, Purrincess." said a voice.

Marinette turned sharply to see Cat Blanc. He climbed inside of her room. He had the happiest of smiles on his face. It was the same kind of face that Adrien had given her yesterday.

She felt sadness enter her.

All this time, she's only been trying to protect Cat Noir from becoming Cat Blanc, but she was a fool. She brought on isolation and distance between them. And because of that, she created Cat Blanc anyway.

And what's worse, this isn't the Cat Blanc she remembered. This one was created by betrayal of the one person he loved.

The girl began to sob. She then clashed into Cat Blanc's body, hugging him tightly. He responded with a simple hug as if she was so delicate that add one more bit of pressure and she'd just fall apart. Like when Marinette touched her future self.

"Please give Cat Noir back to me!" she cried.

"You know I can't do that, Princess." replied Cat Blanc with a calm smile.

Marinette began to cry even harder. She just wished that she could tell him now, but she's not Ladybug. But at the same time, these secrets, including their identities, are tearing them apart.

"I'm sorry, Mari." said Cat Blanc, "But I have to go."

He then kissed the top of Marinette's head. Cat Blanc then began to walk away. He smiled one last time before jumping away.

Marinette then looked at him as he began to get smaller and smaller as he got farther and farther.

"I'll save you, Kitty." said Marinette, whipping her tears, "I promise I'll save you."

_______________________________________________________________________________

Thanks for Reading!