11

Jungkook twiddled his thumbs, his staring at the floors of his living room could be deemed as a form of impoliteness, but he was surrounded by yugyeom and the six strange, model-like, former puppies, he had no reason to try and be polite. He racked his brain, how was he going to explain this, he already imagined how it would go.

"Yeah those puppies, it turns out they are alphas, not just any alphas, they look like god etched their faces himself, it turns out my grandma is a devious matchmaker!" Jungkook heaved a sigh, yeah that wouldn't do.

He had two real routes he could go with, his eyes scanned Yugyeom who just seemed to continue his mumblings of disbelief. He then, slowly, his body seeming to turn with his eyes, looked at the four alphas, wait.. four?

"Namjoon, where are Jimin and Taehyung," Namjoon turned to look behind him, where the two mischievous alphas had just been sitting at the table, arguing over who could have the last instant ramen in Jungkook's poor nearly empty cupboard, thank god for grandma or he was gonna go bankrupt providing for the alphas, I mean it's not like he could kick the puppies, out, if he could even still call them that.

"I don't.. Yoongi I thought you were watching them.." He turned to Yoongi who was, asleep, like usual. Jin elbowed his side causing the blonde boy to jolt up, side-eyeing Jin with what Jungkook could consider, a deathly expression. He didn't know how Jin didn't quiver like a lost animal with a look like that, then again he couldn't ignore he was an omega and well, they were all alphas, he was prey in a room of seemingly gentle predators, and that look sent him that reminder.

"I didn't think they would use this as the opportunity to run away," Yoongi shrugged nonchalantly, the way they spoke about Taehyung and Jimin, it was as if they were this packs omegas, but they arent, Jungkooks nose didn't lie, they smell distinctly like alphas, so why were they so content acting like that? Why were those alphas so content letting them act like that, and why were six alphas even a pack, it didn't make sense, who took care of the ruts, who made the nest? Jungkook's brain buzzed with questions he couldn't answer, and the tips of his ears burned with the idea of asking any of them.

He couldn't be a hypocrite, for an omega, he tried his damn hardest not to act like one, suppressing heat, rarely ever nesting, and taking a leader-like role when it came to his school. So why did he even want to question these alphas and what they did.. who gave him the right? Has he still been ever so slightly brainwashed by how his parents raised him, by society and its old way of thinking? He couldn't let himself burn with thoughts much longer, he was rambling to himself, his thoughts scattering when he took in the fact Jin was scolding Yoongi in front of them all, Yugyeom still quiet, dumbfounded as ever.

"They can take care of themselves Jin, they aren't babies," Yoongis arms were crossed, Jungkook could tell by the frustrated scent in the air, Yoongis nonchalant tone was getting to Jin, who stepped forward, seemingly agape from the face Yoongi would even insinuate that those two weren't his precious children or something along those lines. Jungkook couldn't tell, were they platonic?

He gasped, "Don't even say that Yoongi, I will go find them," Jungkook could see Namjoon's mouth open in protest, before closing, Jin walked over to the front door putting on a coat and opened the door wide, a determined almost protective look on his face as went to go retrieve the pups who had made a daring escape when they left Yoongi up to watching them. There was something else about his look though...

Maybe Jungkook just read into it slightly more than he should, maybe it's because he just went into heat recently that the thought even approached the front of his mind. It was something dark, almost punishing in his eyes, making Jungkook wonder what it would be like if Jin caught up to those two, but that couldn't be they were all alphas, Jungkook's mind was so jumbled he didn't even realize, "wait that was my jacket he walked out with!"

He stood up, his next words interrupted by Yugyeom, who had managed to sit quietly, twiddling his thumbs as everything went down in front of him. Now Jungkook could admit that Yugyeom was far from dumb, he was silly, and a little overprotective for an omega, and so many other things Jungkook could describe him as but dumb. Far from it actually, Jungkook should've expected that he would put two and two together before Jungkook had a chance to explain, especially with Jimin and Taehyung going on a daring adventure in the neighborhood.