9. Five Days

Otto had another wonderful night with davina. No it didnt end in sex but he was happy with where their relationship was hopefully headed. Then he was summoned by the king.

'Your Grace.'' Otto answered.

'Five days.' Viserys told Otto when he appeared. Confused otto took a careful step closer.

'I'm sorry, Your Grace?' Otto questioned

'Though it was some time ago. The details... they fade in memory. My father was a hale and healthy warrior and dragon rider at the peak of his abilities. Jaehaerys named a great royal hunt to celebrate him being named the Hand of the King. Five days later my... my father lay dead. Tourneys last longer. Baelon the Brave, rider of Vhagar, heir to the Iron Throne... dead of a burst belly. The gods have a dark wit.' Viserys reminded him.

'It was a grim day.' Otto agreed. He knew how much the targaryen siblings loved their parents and their grandsire.

'I recall it all too well. Yeah... It was a good day for you. Jaehaerys named you Hand in Baelon's stead.' Viserys recalled

'That's hardly how I viewed it, Your Grace. It was a duty.' Otto assured. Sure it was one of the happiest days of his life but it was one of the saddest of Davina and viserys.

'You served my grand sire nobly in his final days. You are the man that taught me how to be King.''

'Oh, you honor me, Your Grace.' Otto said happily was this a promotion? What was higher than hand of the king. Maybe now would be a good time to discuss him and davina. See if the king would be open to otto possibly marrying his little sister but King Viserys sighed.

'Just five days... you went from being another man in Jaehaerys's court, to the second most powerful man in the realm. I wonder... how long did it take you to choose yourself over your King?'

'Your Grace?' This was not the moment to bring up davina he realized.

'I will never recover from Aemma's death. But Alicent... she took me through the worst of my grief. She was a calculated distraction. I only now realize how well-calculated it was.' Viserys told him stiffly.

'That is an absurdity. The Queen loves you... as I know you love her.' Otto added hurriedly.

'Your interests no longer align with those of the realm. Your judgment has been compromised.' Viserys said confidently as Davina walked in.

"whats going on?" Davina questioned looking between them. Aegon babbled in her arms.

'A loyal Hand must tell his king a discomforting truth from time to time, Your Grace. If he doesn't... he's failed as a servant.' Otto said looking nervously at Davina. She stared back at him. What had she stumbled into?

'You were a faithful servant, Otto. The crown and the realm both owe you a debt that can never be repaid. But I can no longer trust your judgment.' Viserys told him. Davina stepped forward but Viserys rose a hand. "Davina I need a word with you," Viserys told her as guards came in to escort him out.

"Otto?" Davina questioned softly.

"I..." otto didnt get a chance though. The guards didnt stop.

"Vis? Whats going on?" Davina questioned.

"Otto wants aegon to be king."

"As do most of the realms." Davina countered. "Im all for girl power but..." she shrugged.

"Davina please. Sit."

"Oh no aegon im in trouble."

'I hope you can forgive the late hour, Princess. I took great care in its preparation. If not brewed properly, it can either prove ineffective or else bear unpleasant...' the maester said putting a glass down in front of her

'Brewed properly? I'm sorry, what is that?' Rhaenyra said giving it a sniff

'A tea, Princess. From the King. It will rid you of any unwanted consequences.' She put is back down and watched him go. She stared at it when the door popped open.

"Did you..." Davina began before looking around the room, seeing it empty she sat down next to Rhaenyra. "With ser criston?" Rhaenyra nodded. "Good girl. Drink it." She whispered.

"Aunt Davina."

"I can say I drank it, or dumped it, you tell me the truth so I can lie for you." Davina told her and Rhaenyra drank the tea quickly. "So... how was he?" Rhaenyra blushed as she put the cup down. "That good huh?"

"Auntie!"

"Give me the juicy details honey."

"He was..." A smile pulled at her face. "Excellent. Really excellent."

"You want to see him again. You want to do him again." Davina remarked. "He is handsome and skilled." Rhaenyra stared at her. "I can see a fine piece of man... you know honey, Its easy to fall in love." Davina told her. "But staying in love, falling in the love with same person, over and over again... that's magical." Davina offered.

"You will find your person." Rhaenyra assured.

"I think I did. But its too late."

+

''I can smell you davina."

"Gross. I bathed today."

"vanilla." He corrected. "Always sweet vanilla." Davina blushed.

"You are really leaving?"

"I dont have a choice."

"Your grandchildren your child is here." Davina corrected. "Dont they need you?"

"No." Otto corrected as he shoved his things into a bag. He chuckled. "My life here at the capital can he shoved into just a few bags. I was never one for a Momentos or souvenirs." He offered. "I do however have a large collection of books. I think I will keep him here that's all right give you something to read if you miss me."

" they are going to be sitting there a very long time." she teased. "I don't want you to go." she admitted. "But I do understand. Vis how to talk with me about filling in for you until he found a more permanent solution so I'll do I do like the power that has been bestowed upon me... I feel like we are finally getting somewhere."

"Me too."