CHAPTER 5: Forget all you know, learn the new.

Ita exited the portal into the bright blue sky of The Beyond and was immediately shocked!

The first thing Ita saw was a large gothic city, with a large castle on a hill some distance away from it.

"...what the hell..." Ita mumbled, flying down and landing outside the city...

"...Well, a good chance!" Ita said, pulling their mask up and their goggles down, hiding their face.

Ita walked into the city, walking around the low tight roads of the morning.

Many people walked past Ita, not batting an eye...

Ita spotted Mortals, and Void Monsters.

But they saw 2...new types of creatures.

One, appeared to resemble a humanoid bird creature...but unlike those from Ryoiki.

The creatures in Ryoiki were covered in feathers, had beaks, and there were the same as their wings...

The new creatures, however, only had feathers in some places, no beaks, and had normal arms...and a second pair of arms, which had their wings.

Next were several 'People' which appeared to be living fungus, their hair replaced with large toadstools, their skin looking like the stems of different mushrooms.

They appeared to have eyes and mouths, placed randomly on their body...

After a bit more walking, Ita found a communal area, with many market stalls, a fountain, and some places to sit.

Ita immediately took the opportunity, and began to write in their notebook about the things they had seen...

"Well, hello there traveler!" A friendly female voice said.

Ita looked up and met eyes with an 8-eyed Void Monster, with many spider like arms protruding from her body, and a set closer to a mortals.

"Can I get you anything?"

"Oh- I'm sorry. Is this a restaurant?"

"Hm? Oh no, not exactly...this entire plaza is technically a restaurant!"

"How so?" Ita asked, tilting their head.

"We have a few kitchens littered about the area, whenever someone sits down at tables or benches, one of us go see if they want anything."

"I'll...just have a water, please..." Ita requested.

"Water! I gotcha!" The Void woman said, before walking off.

"...It's like a proper society here..." Ita mumbled, looking about...

Shortly after, Ita was brought their water...which they drank in silence, only taking sips when they knew no one was watching them...

After a while, they got up...leaving some Ryoikian credits on the table- and then walking around the stalls.

Ita saw many things being sold, from simple fruits and vegetables to materials like cloth or wood, even to weaponry.

Ita eventually found someone selling something very interesting indeed...maps.

They walked up to the map seller, an older looking man wearing a heavy blue cloak.

"Ah! Now your quite the character..." The man said, his red eyes producing a faint glow...

"You seem like you know this area well..." Ita said.

"That I do! Best map maker in all of the region...what can I do for you? You want a map for your journeys?"

"No...simply a question...who Is in charge?" Ita asked.