CHAPTER 6: From a certain point of view...

Ita quietly wrote in their notebook...

They predicted it would take a while for the other region leaders to arrive at Oanki's palace...and had asked for something to keep themselves occupied.

After a bit of talking, Ita was able to get themselves some tasks to do for the next few 'cycles'

One of these was sitting in on some classes taught to the children of the city...

Ita was fascinated by The Beyonds different systems...

Money, time, measurements...It was all different, but familiar.

But there were some things which overlapped! Like math, language structure...it was so strange.

But Ita had always liked kids! And enjoyed listening to them learn and speak.

Ita even got to help in some cases, doing experiments and demonstrations...

Even if the kids had issues...understanding them.

The first day or so, they constantly asked if Ita was a boy or a girl, and Ita just kept answering neither.

Eventually they got the hang of it though.

"Now...I know its been a while since we had a memory class..." The teacher said, starting his lesson.

"Lets start with this...Jenna! Who was the leader of the hunt during Aria's reign?"

The small bird girl smiled and answered.

"Orix!"

The teacher smiled, "Very good Jenna! Now, why was he such a big deal during this time...uh...Quen!"

The void boy thought for a second...

"Because he was the head of the mortal's army...?"

The teacher nodded.

"Yes! Very good!"

"Now...why do we focus on this point in our worlds past...can anyone guess?"

"My dad says it's because the region leaders don't want anyone to repeat it-!" A boy wearing a purple cloak spoke up.

"That is it! Yes! Very smart!"

Ita smiled...

"If I may interrupt...in my world, we have a saying. 'If you do not learn from history, you are doomed to repeat it.', same concept...with different wording of course."

The teacher nodded at Ita's comment and began to walk around.

"And their right! It's a very important thing...if you make a mistake, you know not to make that mistake again! Right? So, by teaching you all about Aria's reign...you can prevent it from repeating..."

The rest of the class wasn't very eventful, normal schoolwork...

Ita soon found themselves back in the plaza, being served a small lunch by the void waitress they had met.

She was a cheery girl, named Iselda.

The two had small conversations whenever Ita passed by her, mostly about the city and its towers...

Ita had realized quickly into their stay that the towers were often large important facilities...like a medical ward, or workshops.

They had also begun having dinners with Oanki, which was...strange.

Oanki would either not speak at all, or not stop speaking whenever Ita saw him. Which always confused them.

But Ita was far from cared for! They were enjoying their time.