CHAPTER 9: Pass time

"I am unaware of the chances of this working, Oanki." Begga said.

"A full sweep of all regions...? Could take forever!" Cremini added.

"It is necessary...Ita has been gone for over 14 cycles! No trace of them!" Oanki shouted.

"There is no reason to raise your voice." Danae countered.

"I have all reason to raise my voice." Oanki growled at Danae.

"Ita could be being corrupted by the same force Orix is! We must find them!!!"

"I think we need a break!!!!!" Terena shouted.

"Right! Yes! A break! Good!" Danae agreed.

All the regional leaders left the room and spread out. Taking time to cool off from the heated meeting...

Oanki stood on his balcony, and mumbled silently to himself...thinking...

"...May I offer a different idea to you?" A disembodied voice spoke to Oanki...

"Go for it."

Orix heard the assault rifle click...his mag was empty.

He quickly reached for the holster located on his hip, and pulled the pistol out, taking quick shots at the last target.

"...Wow! Good job!" Ita said, walking over.

"These things are pretty nice...much better than my pistol." Orix said, handing the guns back to Ita.

"Yeah...well. Remember, we leave at first light...get ready!"

Orix nodded and walked past Ita. Patting their shoulder.

"Night little bird, I love you."

Ita chuckled.

"Love you too."

Orix sighed and walked back to his small room...changing into comfier clothes and laying down...

Orix laid down, and began to think...Ita had stayed for about 4, almost 5 cycles...

And to think he was leaving tomorrow! Going with Ita to collect one more important piece before it was time for them to...go to Ryoiki...

Orix began to drift to sleep...thinking about how Ryoiki might be...and...Aria...

When Orix opened his eyes, he found himself in the endless black void...

Ahead of him, Aria lay. Curled up on the ground...chains holding her down to the floor.

"Oh- dear-" Orix said, running over and kneeling next to her...

"Hey, hey, love!" Orix called, ad Aria rolled over...looking at him.

"Orix...? Oh...oh my...how did you...?" Aria mumbled, hugging him...her eyes back to normal.

"Soon. I get to see you soon! Isn't that amazing? Face to face...first time in so long...aren't you excited?" Orix said.

"W-what...?" Aria asked, her face lighting up a bit.

Orix got close...and whispered.

"I'm coming to Ryoiki."

Aria immediately hugged him tight, her chains rattling.

"...I can't wait to see you..." Aria whispered...

"Me either..." Orix replied.

Far beyond Aria and Orix, invisible to the couple...Oanki was watching. A large red eye next to him.