CHAPTER 14: Warm Winds

Orix jumped at the loud bell chime.

He had been doing some maintenance on his firearms but didn't expect the sudden appearance of visitors.

He quickly got up and went outside the cabin to see who had appeared.

Danae was walking up to the cabin, with a cloaked man following him.

"Who's your friend?" Orix asked.

"An ally, I assure you." Danae said, walking past Orix into the cabin.

The cloaked man stopped and looked at Orix. His Face covered by a bright white mask.

Orix felt brief contact with another consciousness.

"...Ita's father...hah!" The cloaked man said.

"Nice to meet you, Sir Orix." The cloaked figure said, holding out a gloved hand.

Orix gently shook it...

"My name is Corvan. I helped your child locate your resistance base...Danae has shown me their current situation..."

"Uh huh..." Orix said, following Corvan in.

Corvan and Orix went down the ramp, and into the living room, where Munin, Danae, and Flenigan were already deep in conversation.

"So, this is our list..." Danae said, looking over the piece of parchment from the clinic...

"Very...interesting recipe." He spoke.

"Remant spring water...dust from an obterk mushroom...a swarn bone...and some Void essence...jeez..."

"So...Mortals, Lentien's, Void...and the Faerer? " Flenigan confirmed.

"What's going on?" Orix asked, walking close to the table. A map of the United Beyond laid out.

"Going over the things you're going to need." Munin answered.

"You're going to go on quite the adventure, my boy." Flengian said.

"Interesting..." Corvan said, looking over the map.

"Who's this?" Munin asked, pointing at Corvan.

"This is Corvan. He's a member of a supposed 'lost group' known as the Jentra, I'm led to believe he isn't the last of them." Danae explained.

"I have sensed the presence of another of my kind, named Parker." Corvan said.

"he's...very interesting. But from what Danae has shown me...he is a part of this plot. The cause of the spell placed upon them...I've been brought in to help."

Orix, Flenigan, and Munin all nodded...

"So, what's our course of action?" Orix asked.

"Well, I say, start hunting the ingredients...ignore the Swarn bone for now, seeing as the only place to get it is in the Faerer's region...Finding a medallion for you to take the lift is going to be a hassle." Daane advised.

"Well, off to the mortal's then." Orix said, going to get his suit.

"You're going immediately?" Danae asked.

"Yes. I want to help my child!" Orix answered, leaving the room.

Danae sighed.

"Right. Right. Okay."

Flengian smirked.

"You two head out, I need to talk to Munin." He said, shooing off Danae and Covan.

The Sunguvite and Jentra listened, leaving the room.