CHAPTER 16: Gladiators

"Thank you to agreeing for this visit, Cremini." Danae said, gently opening a door for the lentien.

"Of course! I always know you have good ideas, Danae." Cremini responded, walking into a private room.

"Yes, well, this is...important."

Danae and Cremini both sat...

"Important how?"

"...I am aware of your...feelings regarding Ita." Danae said, taking a sip of whine.

"Yes...I fear what Oanki and Parker are doing to them." Cremini added.

"How would you like to help them?" Danae offered.

Cremini's eyes widened.

"Help? How?"

"Just a bag of dust from an obterk mushroom. Nothing else."

"...I'll...uh...get that then." Cremini assured.

"I'll send someone to pick it up in two cycles."

"Right. Of course. Um...anything else to mention?" Cremini asked.

"Unless you want to make small talk...no."

Ita sighed as they stepped out into the light.

Around them, a cheering crowd.

Ahead of them was their opponent, a giant armored wolf with a great sword being held in its mouth.

Ita unsheathed the white katana off their hip, and got into a battle stance...

The two fighters charged at each other.

Blaze watched from a seat high above, looking at the samurai-armored Ita fight the giant wolf.

Around him, he heard laughing.

Many mortals in noble wear, all wearing multi-eyed void helmets, were watching the fight.

Blaze stared at the main man, the one who had more eyes than the others...

He was the source of the fountain...but Blaze and Ita had to play by his rules.

Ita slid under the wolf, slicing at its unarmored stomach.

Bright red blood splattered under the wolf, and even onto Ita.

Ita made their way out from under the wolf, and dashed away in time to dodge one of the wolf's sword strikes.

Ita then fired a spearhead from their hand, made from a thin string of golden magic.

The spearhead gently bounced off the wolfs armor.

It howled and dashed at Ita.

Ita felt the ground quake as the dog got nearer...

Ita took a big breath and pushed a bit of energy into the katana...then got into a defensive stance.

The wolf went for a vertical slice at Ita.

As the blade was about to make contact, Ita did a powerful push motion with the blade, hitting the wolf's great sword.

There was a loud clash of metal, and a giant burst of energy shot out of Ita.

Not only was the wolf pushed back, but their sword was also sent flying out of the stone colosseum.

Ita immediately dashed to capitalize and leaped above the wolf as it got to its feet.

Ita came down and stabbed the wolf right in its forehead.

Blaze was the only member of the box to cheer.