CHAPTER 19: Refusal, escape, save.

Orix adjusted his black tie in the mirror...

He ran over the plan in his mind.

Danae was going to keep up his facade, attending the ceremony like nothing was different, Ita would be doing the same.

Orix and Munin were to crash it.

Ita, Danae, Orix, and Munin would fight out from the cathedral, while Corvan and a group of resistance fighters attacked from the outside.

But Flengian had insisted he make suitable outfits for Orix and Munin.

And so, Orix was wearing a white dress shirt, with a black tie, over a red button up vest.

He had beige dress pants and boots as well, and a different red suit jacket ready to be thrown over it all.

As Orix finished adjusting his tie...he noticed the bit of white hair around his mouth and neck...he hadn't shaved in a while...

But with a sigh, Orix slipped on his amulet, and the suit jacket. Then walked out.

Munin was in a completely black tuxedo, with a small red rose over the left side of his chest.

"...Where did you get the designs for these? This isn't our style." Orix asked.

"Ita's journals." Flengian explained, smirking.

"Wanted to give my son and his friend some fancy outfits for my grandchild's wedding."

Orix scoffed, and Munin laughed.

"Anyway, lets head out."

Flenigan lead Munin and Orix to the archway...

Munin opened the portal for them and walked through.

But as Orix was about to leave...Flengian stopped him.

"Hold on, before you go."

Orix stopped, looking down at him.

"...You're heading to Ryoiki, aren't you?" He asked.

"...I want to." Orix answered.

Flengian nodded...

"Well...do something for me, will you?"

Flengian reached down and pulled out a small crystal nail. Made of deep orange and red gems.

"Whats this for?" Orix asked, weighing the nail.

"You'll know what to do with it." Flengian assured Orix.

Orix nodded silently...and left.

The bells of the cathedral chimed.

The hall was very sparce of people.

Waakhound, Dolly, and Parker watched from the darkness of the corners.

The only other people present were the region leaders.

Ita was standing at the altar, in a long white dress with a veil over their face.

There had been questions when Ita's skin suddenly shifted back to its normal style.

Parker, however, had assured Oanki that nothing had gone wrong...Ita had simply given in to the corruption.

Danae looked around with a bit of anxiety as Oanki made his way up to the altar, using his staff to help him walk.

"Are you ready, Ita?" Oanki asked.

"...Yes." Ita replied.

"Good...please...take my hand..." Oanki whispered, holding out his hand to Ita.