Chapter 9

We stand in the lobby of the hotel, checking out. The boys all chip into pay for their room and my mum had already paid mine. Ashton's girlfriend also stands with us while we wait for a big taxi to take us to the airport. I told Harry that we were leaving the hotel at 08:30 a.m. sharp and right now it's 08:25 a.m. with still no sign of him. I'm glad to be going home, my own bed and my own food. It will be great, especially with Ash back home. The taxi will be here any minute now and there's still no sight of Harry. 

"Lauren, are you okay?" Ashton asks me, taking me into a hug and I lean my head onto his chest as his shoulders are too far away. 

"Yeah I'm fine, Harry was meant to be coming down to say goodbye. I guess not," I sigh and pull out of the hug before he gets angry at the fact I invited Harry down in the first place. 

"You knew it wasn't going to come to anything."

"Don't start, it's too early in the morning," I grab my suitcase by the handle and drag it towards me before sitting on it. 

Harry runs into the lobby, panting and walks straight over to me. 

"Sorry I'm late, babe."

I immediately stand up and wrap my arms around him. 

"It's alright, you're here now," I can feel the tension rising behind me, Ashton, Luke, Michael and Calum all staring at us. I can feel it burning through the back of my head and into my skull. "You won't just forget me will you?"

"Of course I won't," he whispers and rubs the back of my head as I lean against his chest, taking in the lovely mint scent. The hug lasts too long, feeling oddly comfortable and safe in his arms and my brother coughs. 

"We need to go Lauren," he sternly says before grabbing my arm to go. 

"I'll call you when we land," I shout as Ashton takes me out to the taxi. "What the fuck was that about?"

"Lauren, you're sixteen. Stop with the swearing and the boys."

"You're not my dad Ashton," I whine, handing the taxi driver my suitcase and getting into the backseat. 

"No, I'm just your older brother."

"Oh shut up."

"Now, now," Calum buts in, trying to stop us from killing each other with only words. "We have to live until we get home."

I keep quiet, sitting next to Luke and Calum as we drive to the airport that I arrived in only a few days ago. I just wanted to be away from everyone. I wasn't a child anymore. I know I'm acting like a child by going in a mood, but I'm not. Ashton needs to know that I can do what I please. 

**

We get onto the plane in a flash, customs moved swiftly and boarding wasn't queued up for hours. I hate busy airports. The plane has six seats on eat row divided by a small lane in the middle and we were thankfully row 12. I take my assigned window seat and my pulse quickens in anger when Ashton and Hayley take the two seats next to me. This would be a long plane ride.