Chapter 5

I look at Harry as he enters the hall full of celebrity guests, his emerald eyes are sparkling and his hand is lightly grasping mine. The room is dark, but bright lights flash at the music beats that are pounding in my ears. I've never been to a real party but the place is crowded, literally packed with girls grinding on boys and girls grinding on girls and also boys just trying to show off. I can tell I am not going to like this. The worst part of it, they were mostly celebs.

"You alright, love?" The sweet English boy to my left asks me.

"Just a bit... Overwhelmed," I smile at him and hold my other hand up in defence. "First party."

"Well we need to see a few people first, then I can show you a good time."

I smile and follow Harry through the thick crowd of people over the group of boys with their girlfriends. Niall, Liam, Zayn and Louis all around the big table, obviously a little drunk already with their girlfriends close to them.

"It's about time you showed up," Louis slurs a little but still pronouncing all his words. I stay quiet, knowing he's talking to Harry and not myself.

"We just had some things to deal with, that's all." Harry smiles to them and sits down.

I zone out a little bit, feeling awkward around all the girls sitting at the table, looking at me as if I have something on my face.

"Hey," One of the girls smiles in my direction. "I'm Heather."

I knock out of my daze but still ignoring what the boys are talking about. "Lauren."

"Nice to meet you," Heather laughs a little. "Do you want to go get a drink?"

I procrastinate a little, knowing I'm too young to drink but also knowing everyone will judge me if I don't.

"Sure, uh... Just whatever your drinking." I walk up to the bar with Heather, her stumbling a little. "So are you with Niall?"

"Yeah," Her smiles becomes wider. "It's been about nine months, best months I've had in years. What about you and Mr. Curly-fry?"

I laugh, a little too loud and gain some attention from people we're passing in the crowd. "Curly-fry? Really? And no... I guess it's a little complicated."

We get to the bar, Heather orders us both vodka's and I cringe at the thought of how I'll feel. I hold the glass in my hand, smelling the drink before looking around and taking a small sip, the liquid burns my throat but has a warm sensation in the pit of my stomach that craves for more. Heather has already went back to the table and I stand there being extra careful with my drink. I take bigger sips each time, finally reaching the point where I can take a full gulp without feeling too much pain in my throat and I walk back to the table, sitting down next to Harry. My head throbs a little but calls for the alcohol to be poured down my throat in satisfaction.

I grab the glass and tip it back, trying to finish it before Harry holds it and places it back on the table.

"Take your time, babe," His snigger is louder than it was meant to be and I laughed at how funny it sounded coming from his moving lips. "You don't want to be sick."

I place my hand on his chest and my mouth opens to speak. "Can we dance?" He nods his head and stands up but my hand pulls him up quicker and I tumble into someone. "Sorry." I laugh and wipe their shoulder as if I had got it covered in dust.

"Ever danced at a party?" Harry asks me, I don't think he's had much to drink. I shake my head and he turns me around and pulls me close to him so my back is on his front. My brain doesn't function but my body moves to the sound of the music, my hands wrapped in Harry's bigger hands. We get sucked into the crowd and Harry becomes more confident, along with my myself and his head goes into the crook of my neck making me laugh from his breath tickling my neck.

"Stop..." I giggle and pull away a little, laughing like a maniac. I jab his side in attempt for him to laugh but he doesn't, and looks at me impressed with himself. "My heads sore." I pout and put my arms around his neck, giving me full support.

"You never drink vodka straight," His arms go around my waist, putting all the support I need onto myself and keeping me up from falling. Harry looks into my eyes, for a minute he goes serious and then he smiles, I see the reflection of my brown eyes in his sparkling green ones and I feel myself being drawn to him. I close my eyes, bringing my face close to his and I feel the sensation of butterflies erupt in my stomach but I pull back, too scared to move a move even with the slight intoxins.

Me and Harry were pulled apart, I stumbled back and someone caught me.

"Michael!" I throw an arm around his neck but fail because of my height. "What's up?"

"Lauren, calm it, you don't want Ash knowing you're drinking," He starts and try's to walk me away but I'm not having it. "We need to leave."

"I'm leaving with Harry," I giggle and I see his facial features change a little. "Don't get your knickers in a twist."

"What?" He asks as I turn around, looking at the crowd forming and something hits me.

"What have you done?" I shout and poke him in the chest.

"C'mon, let's get you out of here." Michael attempts to put his arm around my waist to pull me out of here, I walk back, into the crowd. Muttering a few excuse me's I get to the front. Seeing a mop of curls and blonde hair. Ashton right up in Harry's face.

"Leave her alone." He says in a deep voice that I've never heard come from Ashton.

"Why should I?" Harry questions back. "You never left Emily alone, did you?"

I feel the tension rising, everyone seems to know what they're talking about apart from me. I feel confused, my brother has been hiding something from me this whole time.

"Oh please, leave Emily out of this," He chuckles. "She wasn't anything special."

And that was it, Harry launched forward hitting my brother on the cheek with his fist. The crowd became tighter and started cheering them on, I felt light headed, I needed air but I had to break up the fight. Everyone was closing in on me and I felt the room becoming smaller. The two boys still fighting, not getting many hits because they were both at the same level.

"Stop!" I yell and walk in between them. They instantly back away as if afraid they'll hurt me but the crowd still makes it's way in. I turn to Harry, "What the hell are you doing?"

"Nothing," He barely mutters and looks down. "He started it."

I sigh, knowing that Ashton would've started it and put my hands into a fist by my side. I turn round to face my brother but I'm only brought by more confusion as the boy facing me was not my brother. But one of his best friends.

"Luke?"

**VOTE COMMENT  SHARE**