~14~

*Hyunjin's POV*

The sun had spent the day painting the skies with brilliant hues of blue and gold, casting a warm, inviting glow over our little cabin in the woods of Jeju Island. It was a serene morning that whispered promises of a beautiful day ahead. As I stepped onto the wooden porch, the view before me took my breath away – the lush greenery of the forest, the gentle hum of a nearby brook, and the sparkling outdoor pool that had become our private haven during our stay.

Felix had always been the adventurous one in our relationship, the spirited explorer who reveled in new experiences. I, on the other hand, leaned toward caution, preferring the familiar to the unknown. But as I watched Felix approach with a sparkle in his eyes, I couldn't help but feel a tingling sense of anticipation.

"Hyunjin," Felix began, his voice playfully enticing, "I've got an idea for today."

I raised an eyebrow, intrigued by his sudden enthusiasm. "Oh, do tell, Lix. What mischief are you plotting now?"

A mischievous grin spread across his face as he pointed toward the pool, its waters glistening under the sun's tender caress. "How about we go for a swim? The water looks too inviting to resist."

My initial hesitation was betrayed by a hint of doubt in my eyes, the thought of baring my not-so-athletic physique in swimwear sending a shiver down my spine. But then I saw the hopeful glint in Felix's eyes, the earnest desire to share this moment with me, and I knew I couldn't refuse.

"Alright," I agreed, a small smile forming on my lips, "let's go for a swim."

Felix's face lit up with pure joy, and before I could react, he dashed toward the pool, leaving me with no choice but to follow his lead. Standing by the pool's edge, I let the cool water lap at my feet, feeling a sense of vulnerability I hadn't experienced in a while. Swimming wasn't exactly my forte, and the idea of showcasing my aquatic prowess was a bit nerve-wracking. Yet, watching Felix glide through the water with effortless grace was inspiring.

"Come on, Hyunjin!" he called out, his voice filled with excitement. "The water's absolutely amazing!"

With a deep breath, I summoned my courage and took the plunge, diving into the pool with as much grace as I could muster. The water enveloped me, a refreshing embrace that washed away my initial self-consciousness. I swam toward Felix, who greeted me with an exuberant smile.

For the next few hours, we played like carefree children, the weight of our worries dissipating with each joyful splash. Felix's infectious laughter echoed through the forest, and I found myself letting go of my insecurities, embracing the experience wholeheartedly.

After our swim, we ventured into a nearby town and stumbled upon a hidden culinary gem – an all-you-can-eat buffet, priced at a mere 1200 won. The spread was a delightful fusion of local specialties and international cuisine, and we indulged in a gastronomic adventure that left us both pleasantly stuffed.

As we ambled back to our cabin, the sky had transformed into a canvas of stars, a breathtaking display of celestial beauty. Felix, ever the romantic, had the brilliant idea of going star-gazing at midnight.

We spread a cozy blanket on the cabin's porch, side by side, gazing up at the night sky. The air was crisp, and the only sounds were the rustling leaves and the distant hoot of an owl. It was a moment that made you feel both insignificant in the grand cosmos and profoundly connected to it.

Breaking the silence, Felix murmured, "Hyunjin, thank you."

I turned my head to look at him, the starlight lending a soft glow to his face. "For what, Lix?"

He shifted closer, our fingers intertwining as he looked toward the heavens. "For being patient with me, for understanding that I'm still figuring things out. I know it hasn't been easy."