Chapter one: New Beginning

(Maya's POV)
I was walking with Rachel up the Clover Tower. We had a field trip today, I was so excited!

Rachel was following me with her eyes closed, so naturally I decided to scare her. "BOO!" I yelled.

"Maya! Don't do that!" Rachel said putting her hand over her face as she calmed down.
"Awww," I groaned, "Why do you always do that?"

"Do what?"

"Put your hand over your face after I do something you don't like." I replied.

"I don't know, force of habit?" She said for once sounding confused.

I started laughing, then heard a crying in the distance. "I'll be back." I said half turning my face towards Rachel.

I ran toward the crying, it getting closer every second. Soon I could see the girl. "Hey, are you alright?" I asked when I reached her.

"I can't find my mommy!" She said finishing her sentence in tears.

"Hey, it's okay. Here watch, this is what I do when I'm scared." I said grabbing her hand " I make a wish, like this! I wish your mom will find you." I traced a heart in her hand. "It always works."

"Really?" She sniffed.

"Yep! Doki Doki." I said.

"Raelynn?!"

"Mommy?!" The little girl, Raelynn said.

"Oh, there you are. I've been looking everywhere for you!" The lady said, then turned to me, "Thank you, ma'am"

"Of course!"

Mackenzie! Mackenzie!

I heard the shouting in the distance and immediately ran towards it. 'Mackenzie Mack' I thought, 'imagine her here! At Clover Tower!'
There she was, surrounded by a crowd all shouting her name. "Mackenzie!" I shouted with them. I was about to shout again when saw something fall of her head and roll to my feet. I picked it up 'must be some kind of clip' I thought. It was round, gold, and purple with a little crown on top. 'I gotta get this back to her!' I thought.

I pushed through the crowd to Mackenzie 'the Mackenzie!' I thought. I reached her, but got pushed back by a hand.

"Stay back." Said a mature, female voice, I assume her assistant. Or something. I just pushed her hand away and reached Mackenzie. "I think you dropped this!" I said handing the clip to her.

"Oh, thank you so much!" She said, She actually spoke to me! 'Yeeee!' "I owe you a lot."

I paused processing her words. "Oh, no. Please this is an honor being just able to talk to you!" I said, "I have to go, my friend's probably waiting for me!"

I ran towards where I left Rachel, then heard: "Would you like to buy something?" I looked to my right to see a little cart and a man with a weird looking bucket hat.

"I really have to go." I said.

"Oh, please at least look." The man said. He looked nice, so I walked up to his cart. His little charms he was selling were very pretty, but only one caught my eye. I picked it up, it looked like the clip Mackenzie had, but pink.

"Do you like that one?" The man asked.

"Oh, it's very pretty. But I'm afraid I don't have any money, and I need to find my friend." I said. I was about to put it back when he pushed my hand and the clip towards me.

"Take it, on the house." He said.

"Oh, no! I couldn't do that." I said looking at him, he looked sincere and kind.

"Please," He said with a kind smile, "take it, I would like if you had it more than anyone else."

"Okay," I said as if he gave me a mission, "thank you."

I walked away and realized I was lost. 'Just go backwards.' I thought. I walked backwards, literally. I heard the man laugh, kindly of course. I waved at him as I walked out of the room, and he waved back.

Still I was lost, and somehow I made it to the top level. I looked for Rachel but got sidetracked by the view. 'Whoooaaa,' I thought, 'cool!'

As I was looking out of the window I heard a crash, bang, boom, or something like that. Then a wall pretty much exploded and a giant... crab!?!? came out, followed by someone.. floating, 'this day just gets weirder.' I thought watching the person fly. He was wearing a purple jacket and black-gray pants, his hair was white- almost white, it looked pastel blue, like ice. He had yellow eyes and a face that said: " I wanna destroy the world!"

I heard a familiar voice scream and saw the little girl, Raelynn. I ran towards her, picked her up and said to the people behind, "Follow me!"I ran them out of the place to the stairs, "Get out as fast as you can!"

I ran to the boy who was flying behind the giant crab who happened to be talking, weird. "Stop!!!" I shouted at him but he ignored me.

Then I saw someone come in, she was purple and sparkly. She started fighting him, so I ran to help.

I was too late to help, but the purple girl had managed to defeat him and another person, who looked like the boy, but was a lady, came with another crab.

"Marmo!" The boy shouted, "You were just waiting for me to get defeated so you could be the spotlight!"

"It's called 'helping', Ira" Marmo said sarcastically.

The crab grabbed the purple girl by the ankle and held her over the side of the roof.

"Let go of her!" I shouted.

"Stay out of this human." Said Ira annoyed.

He blasted me into the fence around the edge, and I was about to get up when I realized, 'ow! Why does my back hurt so much?'

I looked in across from me to see Rachel standing in the gap of the broken wall. "Rachel! What are you doing?!" I yelled, which hurt a lot.

"I could ask you the same." She said shocked. She ran over to me.

She got halfway to me when I yelled, "Stay back! They're going to hurt you, too!" But Rachel didn't care, she grabbed me and picked me up.

Ira growled at her, but let her walk away with me. She set me down by the wall right by the gap.

"This is why I tell you not to run into stuff that doesn't concern you!" Rachel scolded me.

"But the purple girl needs help!" I said.

"Stay here," Rachel groaned, "and I mean it."

She walked away, probably to get a first aid kit, I convinced her not to bring one because she always brought one, no matter what!

I sat there waiting for her when I heard someone squeak, "Excuse me, I might have been eavesdropping, but I think you might be able to help us."

I looked down to see I pink, plushie-looking animal with sparkling eyes filled with hope and kindness.

"Okay, what do I need to do?"