Chpt: Thirteen "Working Alone.."

(Rachel's POV)

The school day was over and everyone left at the school was practicing for games, in a club meeting, or helping with student council.

And I was carrying some paper to the student council room when I heard some girls ask Maya for help.

"Hey!!" I handed the papers to one of the student council members and ran towards them.

"Rachel? What is it?" Maya smiled.

"Don't even think about helping them! You're too busy!!" I told Maya.

"But they haven't said what they needed help with?" Maya said, shocked.

I observed Sheila and Mindy, who were asking Maya for help for a second, then said, "It's obvious that they need your help to pitch for the softball team, huh?"

"What? You're crazy!" Sheila said anxiously.

"You need Maya to sub since your arms hurt, isn't that right?" I accused them.

The two laughed nervously as I whispered to Maya, "You already have to deal with all the student council stuff and don't even make me explain how much trouble it would be with the You-Know-What-Force."

"But-"

"There's no time for softball!" I said.

"But they're in a tough spot!!" Maya said.

"We are!!" Sheila and Mindy yelled at the same time.

"We can't make it to the playoffs if we don't win, and there's just one game left!!" Sheila said.

"How could I refuse that?!" Maya smiled, "Count me in!!"

"Wait-" I panicked.

"Come on! Let's go over all the details and hand signals!"

"But- Maya-" I already knew it was hopeless when they started walking down the hall without me.

"Do you think you can go to the practices even week after school ends?" Mindy asked.

"You betcha!" Maya laughed.

Why do I have to keep doing this?

I groaned as Maya, Sheila, and Mindy walked out of sight, and I headed towards the student council room.

"Rachel! There you are!" One of the members exclaimed, "We need help cleaning the trash in the auditorium!"

"And I have to do I by myself because everyone else is busy?" I asked.

"Sorry..." Another member sighed.

"It's fine, I'm used to it.."

"Thanks."

I walk down to the auditorium with a mop, bucket, and a trash can.

Yaayy...

Clean seats... check any corners for trash..

Fifteen minutes.

Mop the floor... put everything back in place..

Thirty minutes.

Fix up the stage...

Forty minutes.

"Now for the next thing they'll make me do... by myself again, I bet.." I groaned to myself.

***

Meet up with the band about the flyers for their recital.. amazing.

"We have about a hundred of them and we need someone to put them up." The direct kept talking, but I only heard the one sentence.