Chapter Nine: Flashbacks

(Mackenzie's POV)

I just couldn't- wouldn't believe it.

How in the world am I back in Splendorious?!

Finally noticing the giant shadow in front of me, I looked up to see King Mercinare in the distance.

Why?!

I couldn't help but gasp as I stood there in shock, just staring at him.

Let me go back, please!

"Mackenzie?!" I heard Maya's voice to my left.

I looked at her and noticed she started staring at King Mercinare as well.

"W-what— who is that, exactly?" She shivered.

"That's King Mercinare. He's been in a deep sleep ever since Mar- the Princess tried to turn him to stone." I explained, looking back at the evil king.

"Princess?"

"Yes. Princess Marie Angelica." I said, trying not to cry, "I was technically her bodyguard."

"What?" Rachel asked, "If she- the Princess, is from another world, and you're from Earth how can...?— unless?..."

"I'm originally from Splendorious, yes." I sighed.

"What happened here, anyways?" Maya asked.

"Well.. it's... a long story. So why don't we walk towards the palace as I tell you?" I said, pointing to the tall palace in the distance.

"Okay.."

(FlAsHbAcK)

(Third person perspective)

Years before...

In a beautiful garden on the grounds of a palace, specifically the Splendorian Palace, the Splendorian Princess, Marie Angelica, sat by the fountain, chatting with her humble protector, Mackenzie Mack- or Glitter Spade.

"Dear Kenzie, do you think my mother would be here with us both if she were still around?" The Princess asked the Glitter Warrior.

"I didn't think you wanted to talk about that, Your Majesty?"

"I would like to know you're thoughts, I would feel better if I knew everyone else was hoping she'd have still been here." The Princess said gathering a bouquet of flowers.

"Why aren't you worried about your own health, Your Majesty, they all say you've been feeling ill?" The Warrior asked.

"Now, Dear Kenzie, you must call me Marie Angelica or just Marie, we are friends after all." The Princess said.

"But-! Oh, Your Majesty I couldn't!" The Warrior blushed.

"Mackenzie, please. I would like it much better." The Princess smiled at her.

"I- Thank you very much, Your Maj— Marie Angelica." The Warrior smiled back.

They sat peacefully for awhile, until-

"Marie! Are you alright!?" The Warrior ran to Princess Marie Angelica.

As the Princess coughed, Glitter Spade helped her up from the ground and walked her to the garden entrance- where they were met with the guards posted at the entrance.