Chapter four: Sparkling Bright

(Rachel's POV)

I had gone inside and shut the door. 'Why would she want me, if all people, to be a superhero?' I thought laying against the door, 'Probably because I'm her best friend.'

"Rachel!" I heard Maya's muffled voice shout from outside, "Please! You'd be an amazing Glitter Warrior! We could call you Glitter Diamond!"

I groaned and slid to the floor. I sat there for I little bit.

I didn't know if Maya had left or not, and I didn't want to. And I definitely didn't want to be a superhero!

I usually let Maya drag me into stuff, but this was to much.

"Rachel..." Maya said from outside, "I'm going to head home, but please think about it."

I heard Maya walk away and I quietly got up and went over to the kitchen. "I'm sorry Maya but this is something I can't do." I muttered.

(Maya's POV)

I can't believe she actually said no, well, I can at least hope she'll reconsider.

I started heading back to my house, if Rachel didn't want to talk, she wouldn't. I had learned that the hard way.

*Flashback starts, because I said so*

( About 7 years ago )

Me: "Hey, Rachel you okie?"

Me: "Those meanies hurt you a lot."

Rachel: "Yeah... I'm okay."

Me: "You sure?"

Rachel: "Uh-huh.."

I gently grabbed her arm, it was scratched up and bleeding a bit.

Me: "But your arm doesn't look fine, do we need to tell your mom?"

Rachel: "I said fine Maya! I don't want to talk about this anymore!"

Rachel snatched her arm from me and ran off.

Me: "Rachel..."

*End of flashback*

I looked at the ground remembering that day, Rachel had gotten so mad at me she didn't talk to me until almost three days later.

She didn't tell her mom about it, either, she tried to heal her arm herself, and after that her arm was pretty scarred.

Rachel wouldn't talk about that, either. She would just ignore me when I asked about it.

"I can't believe Rachel doesn't think she's good enough to be a Glitter Warrior," Rory said out of the silence, "she's so nice."

"I know," I said sadly, "she really is an amazing person."

"Anyways, where are you, Lance, and Kippie staying?" I asked trying to change the subject, "Speaking of which, where is Lance?"

"Meh, he runs of a lot," Kippie said, "but somehow always finds us."

"Like that one time we were at a park at night, to have fun, he fell asleep! But he's so heavy, we couldn't carry him, and left." Rory laughed, "Then came back the next day and way like, 'You guys left me!' We did try to wake him up."

The pixies laughed for a little, and I couldn't help but join in.

"I was thinking we could stay at your place." Kippie said after we stopped laughing.

"Well," I started thinking about it, "okay! But anyone comes in, pretend to be stuffed animals again."

"People stuff animals?!" Rory screeched.